𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4 : 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄

"did you get enough love, my little dove? why do you cry?"

─────────

The girls had finally gotten home after dark, seeing a figure standing outside, waiting for them. They walked inside, ignoring him. He followed, slamming the door closed.

"'Friends don't lie.' Isn't that your bullshit saying? Hey, hey! Hey! Don't walk away from me!"

Nine tried closing the door, but Hopper threw it back open as the girls took their coats off.

"Where'd you two go on your little field trip, huh? Where? Did you go see Mike and Lucas?"

"They didn't see us," Eleven finally said.

"Yeah, well, that mother and her daughter did and they called the cops. Now, did anyone else see you? Anyone at all? Come on, I need you to think!"

"Nobody saw us!" Eleven spat.

"You put us in danger. You realize that, right?"

"You promised... We go. And we never leave!" Nine yelled. "Nothing ever happens!"

"Yeah! Nothing happens and you stay safe!"

"You lie!"

"I don't lie! I protect and I feed and I teach! And all I ask of you is that you guys follow three simple rules. Three rules. And you know what? You can't even do that!"

He walked out of the room. Nine kicked the dresser in anger, squeezing her eyes shut.

"You're both grounded," he announced from the kitchen. "You know what that means? It means no Eggos... And no TV for a week."

He tried moving the TV and the little desk it was sitting on, but Eleven and Nine stood in the doorway, using their powers so he couldn't move it.

"All right, knock it off. Let go," he tried to pull it again, but it didn't budge. "Okay. Two weeks. Let go!" He shouted as the girls shook their heads. "A month!"

"No!"

"Well, congratulations. You just graduated from no TV for a month to no TV at all!" He ripped the cords out, turning the TV off permanently.

"No!" They shouted, running over to the TV trying to fix it.

"You have got to understand that there are consequences to your actions."