6 - Three Rules

Three Rules

On the other side of London, John is currently bottle feeding the little baby Watson while Mary sleeps in the bedroom. This little scallywag kept the pair up last night so they need a solitary day. Which they are not going to get. First there is the loud banging on the front door making the baby bawl and John glower; he is going to kill whoever is at the door. Stomping to the door John does not seem to notice his wife following him and carefully retrieving the small child out of his hands. The milk starts to drip on his hands; this is when he notices. He sadly smiles at Mary before swinging open the front door surprised to see his consulting detective friend. "Sherlock?" John questions. Sherlock has not been to the Watson household...ever so this unexpected visit is a surprise. John didn't even think he had his address.

"Moriarty." Sherlock states and the army doctor takes a step back in fear. He peers in the living room to see his wife and baby chilling on the sofa. Now their lives are in danger.

"Why now?"

"He has Juliet." Sherlock ignores his blogger's question due to the fact that all he can think about is Juliet. He cannot think straight. Maybe it is paternal thoughts?

\~.~.~.~.~/

Juliet slowly follows the man that she now knows as Jim Moriarty – James or Mr Moriarty to clients – into a shoddy block of flats on the edge of London. Behind her follows two of Moriarty's men dressed in black; one has short black hair which Juliet deduces used to be long at some point, his name is Matt and then the other who is one centimetre shorter has dirty blond longer hair, his name is Arthur. They enter the dusty reception area and immediately enter the lift which looks like it is the most modern thing in the building but Juliet will soon be proven wrong. The lift shoots up to the top floor as the four individuals stand motionless in silence in the same formation. The doors grind open revealing one door. Juliet's new home.

Dramatically (who would have it any other way?) Jim opens the door revealing a very modern looking apartment. It has all the latest tech including a smart TV and enough gaming consoles to sink a ship. Juliet likes the look of this place. On the far wall there is a couple of very large windows near a dressing table with a grand looking mirror. There is a double bed with white, floral sheets against a wooden bedhead adjacent to a bedside table stocked with a lamp, alarm clock and a white rose in a small vase. In one corner there sits a large, oak wardrobe fully stocked with a range of different outfits next to a door leading to a clean bathroom. Near the front door to the apartment is a couple of sofas with a coffee table lying in the middle near a basic kitchen. This place is huge to say the least and it is beautiful. Moriarty smirks at the teenage Holmes' gawping expression after nodding to his men to leave them to it. "You like?" He drawls.

"Y-y-yes. Thank you Richie."

"Jim." Moriarty corrects with a slightly stern look.

"Right yes..." Juliet trails, "Jim." He taps on the back of the sofa in a beckoning fashion signalling to Juliet to sit down who does so obligingly. Moriarty takes a seat opposite her and starts to tap his knee making the young girl slightly nervous but he then smiles to reassure her.

"I am so glad you like it here. I hope you feel like you are at home." He speaks softly.

"I have never had a home before." She states plainly, "So this is a great start."

"But there are three rules." He explains and she nods, "Rule number one; do not play music too loud. We would hate to disturb the neighbours." She giggles at how basic these rules are. It is not like the rules there were when she was held prisoner in parliament with her evil uncle. "Number two; no mobile phones of any kind. I have an iPad for you which you can get apps on etcetera but no phones. I haven't regained control of the mobile networks yet. And lastly, rule three; you cannot go anywhere anytime without Matt and Arthur. They are your watchers to make sure you stay safe. Obviously they won't accompany you to the changing rooms for the swimming pool and gym down stairs but-" He pauses when he hears Juliet gasp, "Yes there is a leisure area in the basement. But everywhere else they will go with you. Any further requests?"

"Yes actually." She squeaks timidly prior to pointing at the small kitchen area, "I don't know how to cook. Can someone teach me?"

"Boys!" Moriarty calls and both Matt and Arthur rush in unprofessionally. Geez, they really do attend to his every request. Juliet thinks but does not alter her posture. "Which one of you is the best at cooking? Matt?"

"I can cook a bit I guess." Matt shrug his shoulders and Jim tuts at his casualness. "But Arthur makes a mean casserole."

"Okay Arthur you will be teaching Juliet to cook." He then shakes his hands at them telling them to leave. "That's settled then."

\~.~.~.~.~/

Sherlock is still at the Watson household as the Mr and Mrs Watson had decided to take this opportunity of a babysitter and went to bed so the high functioning sociopath is watching over the small child but right now he is texting his brother. Reluctantly.

Sherlock (S): I need eyes everywhere. Juliet must be found. ~ SH

Mycroft (M): Why should I help you?

S: Juliet is endangered when she is with Moriarty and you know that.

M: And?

S: She is your niece.

M: I would not care if she was the bloody Prime Minister Sherlock, we have more pressing matters on our hands currently. Good day.

S: You work for the Prime Minister.

M: The Prime Minister works for me.

"Goddammit!" Sherlock yells and chucks his phone down angrily. Baby Watson stirs obviously unhappy with the sudden noise so glares at Sherlock. "Shut up." He states the baby who looks up blankly. "You were thinking. It is annoying."