20 - Pressure Points

Pressure Points

It is seven in the morning which is extremely early to be getting up especially on a Sunday but Juliet isn't wasting any time. She is seeking revenge on James Moriarty even if it kills her, people like him need to be stopped. Sherlock hears her footsteps approaching so he lies back on the sofa and places his hands in a steeple position to give off the impression that he is in his mind palace when actually he does not want to be disturbed. Juliet walks into the lounge and notices her father façade so deliberately bids him a good morning as loud as possible. "Morning dad!" She exclaims enthusiastically making the high functioning sociopath groan. "What are we doing today?"

"I am going out on a case, you are staying here to do whatever normal teenage girls do." He states with a bored tone.

"You should really research what a normal teenage girl is so you can find out that I am not one of them." She explains as she wanders into the kitchen to grab an apple but then frowns when she sees that there are only pears. "Where did all the apples go?" She asks.

"I don't know. What do you mean you're not a normal teenage girl?" Juliet cannot see her father but she can imagine that he is using fingers for air quotation marks.

"You're kidding right?!" He doesn't reply, "I was kept under house arrest for sixteen years, my father is a high functioning sociopathic consulting detective, one of my uncles controls the British government and the other is a master criminal. I don't go to school, I don't have any friends and I lived under the same roof as Jim Moriarty for a time so I don't think I count as normal." She rambles and just hears a hum in response so she angrily takes a bite out of the pear. She sees Sherlock's phone so picks it up to check is notifications, she doesn't know why but she always has the urge every time she walks passed it just in case there is something interesting. There never is. "Who do you have seven missed calls from?" She questions and Sherlock sits up waiting for his daughter to come back into the room in three...two...one. "Well?" She raises her brow.

"Daniel Lester." He states, "He is probably badgering me asking if I've made any progress in finding my brother." He ruffles his hair and notices that his daughter is up and dressed at this early hour. She has never done that before.

"Have you?" Sherlock hums in confusion, "Made any progress?"

"Oh." He pauses, "No I haven't but that is because I am not looking for him. He is a waste of space Juliet." He warns her but she is too far gone to take that warning. Sherlock suddenly stumbles to his feet and pulls his phone out of Juliet's hand then slips it into his pocket of his jacket, he then removes his coat off the hook on the back of the door and shrugs it onto himself effortlessly. His daughter passes him his navy, striped scarf so he can fix it around his neck to perfect the image that everyone imagines him as. Not one of those people know the truth, the truth behind the door of 221B Baker Street. No one can understand. "Right I will be back... today I don't know."

"Wait!" Juliet stops him before he goes charging down the stairs to hail a cab. "Why has no one... dealt with Moriarty?" Sherlock pauses, his back to his daughter physically tense because this question is a question which no one has asked before fearing the answer.

"Because Juliet..." He turns to face her, "No one can fathom the consequences it would hold." Without another word he disappears down the stairs and out of the front door leaving the young Holmes contemplating her father's words. Surely nothing too bad would happen if he died? Surely it would solve things?

Without another thought Juliet removes her mobile phone from her jeans and dials the one person she knows wouldn't lie to her. "Hello?" Sherrinford yawns through the receiver making her immediately regret her decision. "Juliet?"