two. shitbirds

chapter two,the mall rats

chapter two,
the mall rats

・ 。゚☆ "hi." dustin henderson approached the counter of scoops ahoy, where robin was stood, waiting to serve the next customers with a look of utter boredom on her face.

"hi?" robin replied.

"i'm dustin."

"..i'm robin."

"pleasure to meet you. is... is he here?"

"...is who here?" robin frowned, confused.

"-dusty!" lola appeared at the front entrance of scoops ahoy, beaming. dustin was her favourite of all of her younger brother's nerdy friends (after max and el of course) and he had been away at camp for a month.

"lola! hey!" dustin grinned. "is steve here?"

"yeah, he should probably be in the ba-"

"-henderson. henderson!" the aformentioned boy appeared, cheering in excitement, leaping over the counter, and pointing at dustin. "he's back! he's back!"

"i'm back!" dustin cheered, pointing at steve's scoops ahoy uniform. "you got the job!"

"i got the job!" steve nodded rapidly, imitating the noise of a trumpet, and the two boys began to do an extremely long, high energy handshake.

lola furrowed her eyebrows and squinted at them, turning to robin to see if she was judging them too, and the girls shared a knowing look.

"how many children are you friends with?" robin mocked steve, arms crossed over her chest.

lola giggled at this and steve rolled his eyes at them both, dragging the henderson boy over to sit in one of the booths so they could catch up.

once they left, lola rested her cheek in her hand, tilting her head to the side and batting her eyelashes at robin. "hey, can i have another cherry cone?"

"no." the girl shook her head.

"what's the big deal? cmon, robbie, it was only four dollars."

"it's robin. and the deal is that not everyone has rich daddies so they don't have to work a day in their lives, wheeler."

"wheeler?" lola raised an eyebrow. "i thought you didn't know who i am?"

robin scoffed. "s-seriously? are you just gonna ignore everything else i just sai-" lola just grinned, cutting her off again and making robin huff in annoyance. "don't look at me like that. of course i know who you are. everyone knows who you are - you're a cheerleader, you're best friends with steve 'the hair' harrington, and you're nancy 'the priss' wheeler's sister-"