003

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter three:athena is not a morning person !

chapter three:
athena is not a morning person !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

WAKING UP TO an annoying alarm sound was one thing. Waking up to an actual bugle was another.

Athena was peacefully sleeping, allowing herself to get some rest after getting to camp last night rather late. She was cuddled up into her comforter, her hair spread across the pillow.

Suddenly, a very loud bugle sounded from outside, playing a certain melody. Athena was unfortunately brought out of her sleep, rolling over to face the wall like it would block the sound. She could hear the sound of the other girls stirring around her as well.

"Rise and shine, newbies!" Maddox's voice shouted from outside as well, sounding way too energetic for so early in the morning. "You're on Shallow Lake time now. Whoo!"

Athena groaned and shoved her head into her pillow. "I hate Shallow Lake time."

She waited for Violetta to agree with her since she knew she also wasn't an early riser, but there was nothing. Athena picked her head up from her pillow and blinked some of the sleepiness away. She looked over the side of their shared bunk, but Violetta wasn't there.

"Vi went to go talk to EJ," Gina explained from the sink, a toothbrush in her hand. "I've been up for a little bit and saw her leave."

Athena pushed herself to sit up. "Oh, thanks, G."

She yawned, stretching her arms above her head. Athena left her warm bed, adjusting a t-shirt of Ricky's that she had worn as pajamas and her necklace so the clasp was in the back as she did so. She walked over to the sink and brushed her teeth next to Gina. Once she was finished, she went back to her bunk and started to neatly make it. Violetta came back as she did so, bumping their hips together in greeting. Athena smiled at her best friend before adjusting her pillows and leaning against the rail of the bunk.

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary," Ashlyn said from sitting on her top bunk. "And to be directed by Mr. Chad Danforth himself. Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will." She raised her hand. "I will. The stakes have never been higher."

"I think I'm having withdrawals," Kourtney admitted, who was doing her makeup from her bottom bunk. Violetta had told her that Kourtney had a bit of a breakdown being separated from her phone. "I mean, this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life."