012

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter twelve:bring it on, babe !

chapter twelve:
bring it on, babe !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

AFTER CRYING THE previous night, Athena really wanted nothing more than to sleep a little extra so she could clear the fog in her mind and get rid of her headache.

However, the universe had other plans, because she was awoken very abruptly by an air horn.

The very loud sound brought Athena out of her sleep with a start. She sat up, glancing around nervously. Through the darkness, she could see the other girls in the cabin doing the same exact thing, all on high alert. Athena was confused — it wasn't time to get up, and Maddox would definitely use her bugle like she did every morning, not an air horn. Not to mention that Maddox was there.

"Rise and shine, Shallow Lake!" Corbin Bleu's voice echoed from nearby.

"He's out of his mind," Kourtney muttered, getting up and putting on her slippers before heading to the door of the cabin. "He's out of his mind."

Athena groaned and fell backwards, her head hitting her pillow. "Why can't we ever catch a break?"

"I'm never waking up early again for the rest of the summer," Violetta agreed, her voice muffled because it had been buried in her pillow.

"Vi, we still have, like, three more days of camp."

"I meant after camp. You'll never see me before noon."

Kourtney came back not long after and told them that they were doing something called Color War, which was apparently a day of sports that happened every year at Camp Shallow Lake. They had to be at the amphitheater at eight.

Athena had fallen back to sleep for about another hour after she had been so rudely woken up. She woke back up to chatter around the cabin from the other girls talking about Color War — well, mostly it was Maddox telling them what sort of things they would have to do.

Violetta disappeared with Maddox, saying something about trying to practice her basketball skills — which, were basically nonexistent. Despite being a really good dancer and having a lot of coordination, Violetta was awful at sports.

Athena got out of her bed and got ready for the day. As she was brushing her hair out in the mirror, she could practically feel Gina's burning gaze behind her. Memories of last night and their argument came back to the surface.