fifteen ; warm

Tired.

That's how Misun felt as she came back into consciousness the next morning. She slowly blinked open her eyes and stayed still, too disoriented to move any further. As she lay there, she realized that her left hand was much more warmer than her other hand.

Confused, she turned her head to see a ball of fluffy, brown hair resting on her bed. She trailed her eyes down a muscular arm and realized with a jolt that he was holding her hand.

Jungkook.

A blush taints her cheeks as she gently reaches out to move his hair away from his eyes. She smiles fondly at the man sleeping peacefully beside her, who was holding her hand like she was on her deathbed.

Her smile fades as she remembers the events that happened the night before. Maybe to them, it really did look like she was on her deathbed. She gazed at Jungkook's hand clasped around hers, wondering if he got any sleep.

Suddenly, Jungkook stirred, causing Misun's heart to speed up rapidly.

"Sunny?" He murmured, lifting his head. "How are you feeling?"

She quickly moves her arm back to her side and smiles at his appearance. His hair was a giant fluff ball while his eyes were still squinty from sleepiness. It took everything in her to keep her arm from reaching out again.

"I feel a lot better thanks to you and the rest of the boys," She replied. It was the truth. Her fever and dizziness was gone, and the only thing that lingered was an ache that made her feel tired despite falling asleep early. Either way, she was grateful for the boys' care.

Jungkook gently squeezed Misun's hand, reminding her that he was still holding it. "I'm glad you feel better. Seeing you so sick was...," He trailed off as he frowned. "It was really scary, Sunny."

Misun looked down, a pang of guilt shooting through her chest. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, It's not your fault. As long as you feel better now, that's all that matters." Jungkook let go of her hand and stood up, stretching out his arms. Once he was done, he held out his hand again. "Are you hungry? You fell asleep so you didn't get to eat anything last night."

Misun smiled once more, placing her hand in his and removing the covers. "Yes, I'm starving!"

Jungkook's bunny smile finally made an appearance as he helped her stand up. "Alright, let's go eat!"

The pair walked out of the bedroom and into the...empty living room? Confused, she quickly looked to her right where the kitchen was located, seeing that it was also empty. Where were the rest of the boys?

Jungkook must've noticed her confusion because he smiled apologetically as they continued into the kitchen. "They had to go to work since it's Tuesday. Bang PD-nim allowed me to stay for a little bit so that I can take care of you."

As he spoke, Jungkook led Misun to a stool that sat at the little island in her kitchen. She sat down and watched as Jungkook started going through the cupboards. He looked so relaxed and at ease, like he's been in her apartment a million times.

"Aw, you're so sweet, Kookie," She cooed. He shook his head and smiled shyly at her teasing voice. He continued to grab ingredients as Misun waited patiently. She was excited to see his cooking skills in real life! She has only ever seen him cook a few times during Run BTS and was curious as to what he would make for her.

A few minutes later, he slid a plate in her direction. Her entire demeanor brightened as she realized that he had made her favorite breakfast food.

A slice of french toast topped with maple syrup and banana slices.

"You remembered!" She said happily, digging into the masterpiece she called heaven. Jungkook sat onto the stool beside her with a plate of his own, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Of course I remembered. You wouldn't stop talking about it that day you forgot your coffee," He said teasingly.

She smiled as she thought back to that day. She had forgotten to drink some coffee before her classes, again, and was taking her frustrations out on the boys through the group chat. At the time, she was also on her period and had been craving her favorite breakfast food in the whole entire world: french toast with banana slices.

I guess I talked about it a lot, Misun thought with a small chuckle at the memory.

The pair continued to eat the delicious breakfast in comfortable silence. When they were done, Misun thanked Jungkook for the meal and helped him with the dishes.

Afterwards, Jungkook insisted on giving Misun more medicine to which she reluctantly agreed. She felt fine but if Jungkook was still worried, she decided that taking the medicine would be better for the both of them.

As Jungkook began to check her temperature, Misun suddenly remembered a major detail that she had completely forgotten. Didn't Namjoon mention starting a bath for her last night? Her eyes widened in surprise as she quickly glanced down at her pajamas.

Nope, still the same...I think?

Why couldn't she remember what she wore the night before?! As embarrassing as it was, she was going to have to ask Jungkook what happened. She needed to know!

Out of habit, she began to play with her fingers nervously. Jungkook noticed instantly, pulling the thermometer away from her ear to look at her with concern. "What's wrong, Sunny?"

She looks down at her hands. "Um, I just remembered something that Namjoon said last night...," Misun murmurs, glancing up at Jungkook to see his reaction. His eyebrows were furrowed with worry and confusion as he waited for her to continue. "Did you, um,...undress me at all?"

Jungkook's eyes widen with surprise, obviously embarrassed by the question. Misun, who was just as embarrassed, blushed a crimson red. If anyone were to walk into her apartment and look at them, the person would probably mistake them for bright, red tomatoes.

"N-no, we didn't undress you! Since you fell asleep, we decided to use other methods to get your fever down," Jungkook explained. He turned back to look at Misun with a pleading expression. "We would never do something like that if we didn't have your consent!"

She smiled fondly up at the flustered boy. "I know, Jungkook."

Jungkook smiled gratefully. "Good." He leaned back in to check her temperature once more.

When the results came back to be normal, Jungkook left to go get ready for work in Misun's bedroom. She waited patiently on the couch until he came back out a few minutes later. She quickly stood up and walked him to the door.

"Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to-"

"Don't say it like that," Jungkook interrupted. He stood right outside her door in the hallway of her apartment complex. "I always have time for you, Sunny."

Misun looked down at her feet to hide her blush. Did he know how his words affected her? She looked back up with a smile. "Okay, well, thank you. Goodbye, and I hope you have a good day at work!"

Jungkook chuckled as he gave her a small wave. "Goodbye, I'll see you again soon."

Misun watched as he strode down the hallway until he eventually turned and disappeared from view. She stepped back into her apartment and closed the door, slowly making her way into the kitchen before pausing.

Why did she suddenly feel so empty?

She shook her head and trudged into her bedroom, plopping into the chair in front of her desk. She stared at her computer with dread.

Time to get some assignments done, I guess.

———

i hope this chapter made you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside :)