8

You took my parents from me!

After Dove came back from the hospital, Merlin told her the news of Iceman's passing. She was crushed, but not crushed like her father. During the service, she stared ahead and so many thoughts were going through her mind.

....................

It's the next morning, Dove got ready for the day and she walked out. She saw her father at the kitchen table, she sighed. She sat in across from him, "You ok?" She questioned him and He shook his head. "I'm sorry... he was a really good person.... badass pilot that's for sure." Dove said. Merlin looked at her and sighed.

"What happened on that day on the beach?" Dove questioned him, He looked at her puzzled. "What do you mean?" He questioned her. "Several of the pilots saw you talking with Maverick and concern was written on both of your faces, everything alright?" She questioned him.

Before he could say a word, the door knocked. Dove and Merlin looked at each other, "Who in the world is here at almost six in the morning, you wasn't expecting anyone was you?" Dove questioned him. "No... this is odd." Merlin said, the person behind door continued to knock at the door. "Coming!" Dove exclaimed as she left the kitchen to head to the front room towards the front door, Merlin got up and followed her.

When she opened the door, she opened it to see the man she saw from the beach. She had a bad feeling about this, Merlin heart dropped.

"How did you find out where I live?" Dove asked sternly with concern in her voice. "I uh... went and talk to one of the admirals..." He said to her. Merlin glared at the man, Dove didn't see it but the man did.

"I am here to get something off my chest, this has been on my chest for years... but after this.... I am turning myself in to the police, because it's the right thing to do.... I should've done this a long time ago..." Man explained as Dove listen but She was confused, what did this have to do with her.

She let the man in and she sat on the couch. "Go on..." Dove said. "Your Charlotte Thompson... right?" The man asked and she froze. She looked at him confusedly. "I was until I was adopted.... how did you know that?" She asked.

The man grew nervous.... "Your birth parents.... were they Sharlene and Bill Thompson, correct?" The man asked. Dove grew concerned with this man as he knew information on her that not everyone knows about, she nodded.

Merlin watched the exchanged, his heart kept shattering for Dove at every second.

The man looked at Dove, she saw the look of guilt across his face, Dove looked at him sternly... "What about my birth parents... why.... how do you know them?" She questioned him. The man looked at her and began to sweat. "Answer me." She said sternly.

The man shook his head, "Maybe this is a bad idea." He said as he started to walk towards the front door. As he opened it, Dove slammed it shut. "No... you answer my damn questions, you don't get to leave...especially now... what are you hiding from me!" Dove exclaimed. The man looked at Merlin, "No... you give my daughter answers." Merlin said sternly. Dove then looked back at the man with a glare

The man gulped and backed away from Dove. "I know you are going to hate me..." The man said. "Spit it out!" Dove spat with anger. The man sighed. "My name is Dewey Howard.... I was there when your parents were killed." Dewey said. Dove looked at him with concerned, "There how?" Dove asked him. "I was the one who caused the accident... I am the one who caused your parents to get killed..." Dewey said. "You were the one who ran away like a coward." Dove snapped and Dewey nodded.

Dove's jaw clenched at the man. "So... you did it?" She asked and he nodded. "And you waited." Dove said. The man stood there. "You waited.... all these years, got to live your life while you took my parents lives away with your stupidity." Dove said while she glared at him. "WHY!" She shouted which caused Dewey to flinch.

A tear had slipped down Merlin's cheek, she knows now. He's with Dove, why did he wait.

"Charlotte... I am sorry." Dewey said, Dove glared. "Sorry, sorry doesn't cut it, sorry doesn't bring my parents back... YOU TOOK MY PARENTS FROM ME!" She exclaimed as her voice cracked with a mix of sadness and anger. Dewey looked away from the woman. Dove shook her head, "Go, get out here... turn yourself in... I hope you rot." Dove spat.

"Charlotte..." Dewey said. "Just GO!" She exclaimed as she pointed at the door, Dewey listen and headed out the door. Dove dropped to the ground which caused Merlin to go to her. She began to sob. "Why?" She said. "I don't know sweetheart." Merlin said to her.

Dove grabbed onto him, he held onto his daughter. "At least you know now." Merlin said and Dove nodded. "Yeah... I hate that piece of..." Dove said and Merlin shush her. Dove sighed and silence filled the room.

Then she thought of the pilots, "You know Dad, it's time." Dove said. "Time for what?" He questioned. "The truth." Dove responded. Merlin pulled away and looked at her, He knew what she was talking about, he sighed and looked at her.

"Are you sure, because once you do there's no turning back." Merlin said to her. Dove smiled a bit at him. "I'm sure, besides nothing isn't changing because you are my dad, always have and always will." Dove said. He smiled at her. "Love you sweetheart." Merlin said to her. "I love you too Dad." She said as he pulled her into another hug. He kissed the top of her head.

"Dang it, I am going to be late." Dove said as she pulled away and got up then she helped her father up. "Don't worry, I'll tell Cyclone and Maverick, don't rush yourself, now go on child, I'll see you this evening, don't forget tomorrow is the dinner before the mission in two days." Merlin said. She smiled at him and headed out the door.

Merlin sent a text to both Cyclone and Maverick.

....................

Cyclone sighed as he read the text message from Merlin and thought she now knows who did it, she must be angry but there is closure, meanwhile Maverick, he felt bad for her, she had to wait this long for the truth.

"Doing this for you all Dove." Maverick said as he made his way to a plane.