13

They would be proud

Dove flew beside Maverick and Rooster. She stared at the controls for a moment then she looked over to Maverick and Rooster.

"Radios out, No radar. Everything's dead back here." Rooster tells Maverick. Dove sighed. "What do I do?" He questions him. "Umm what did my father taught me that one time.. don't forget also your father did this too.... Try the UFH2 circuit breaker." Dove suggested. "I figure it out." He tells her. "I know you will Bradshaw." She said as she smiled a bit. 

As Rooster looks for what Dove suggested, he saw the enemy planes. "Dove and Maverick, tally 2, 5 o'clock low." Rooster points out. They look over their shoulders and see two planes beneath them. "Shit." She muttered. "What do we do?" He asked. She sighed, "Just be cool, If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already." Maverick replied as they put on their mask as the planes fly closer to them. "Just... wave and smile." Maverick said, Dove sighed. "Yes Wave and smile, great plane." She muttered.

Maverick waves to the plane next to him then the pilot does a sign he's never seen before. "What's that signal, what's he saying?" Rooster asks him. "Nope." he replied. "What about that one, have any idea?" Dove asked Maverick. "Nope." he answered, then her eyes widen when she realize what that pilot is doing. "Shit, his wingman is moving into weapons envelope." Dove said and Maverick nodded at her. "I don't think we can outrun these guys you two." Rooster tells them. "Well... we can try, let's try not to die as well you two." Dove responds to him. Maverick looked over at the woman. "Dove... what are you doing?" He asked sternly. "I apologize in advance if you have a heart attack." She tells him. Before him or Rooster gets a word out, she takes off while one of the enemy's planes follow her. "DAMN IT DOVE!" Rooster exclaimed. "Let's go!' Maverick called out as he took off following her.

..............

Dove tries the to get the guy off of her tail, "Maverick, little help, I know I pulled a stupid stunt but you got any ideas?" Dove says to him. "Just keep doing what you are doing, I am going to take him out." Maverick said and She sighed. 

Before she knew it, she heard firing from behind her, which she whipped the plane out of the way, then enemy's plane crashed into the mountain side. "YES!" Her and Rooster cheered. "It's not over yet." Maverick said as they other plane was still following.

...............

"We're out of Flares, Maverick!" Rooster exclaimed. "Same here Mav!" Dove exclaimed. Then their planes took a hit, Dove gasped. She panic then she a tear slipped down her cheek. "Dove and Rooster you two are going to have to eject!" Maverick exclaimed. "What!" Rooster and Dove exclaimed. "This is the only way!" Maverick said as he pulled up and sent them straight into the sky and Dove followed

"Eject! Eject! Eject!" He yelled but Nothing happens. "Rooster and Dove Pull the handles, eject!" She shouted. "It's not working!" He exclaimed. "Shit!" Dove said as she started to tear up as she was pulling and nothing was happening. "Merlin and Goose...I'm sorry." Maverick muttered. As He was about to accept the fate that was about to happen to the three of them and bracing for impact. They looked over to see the plane in flames and a familiar voice over the radio.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is you savior speaking." Dove heard Hangman speak and was in relief. "Please fasten all seatbeats. Return all tray-tables to their locked and upright positions and prepare for landing." He finished. Rooster and Dove giggled. "Oh my... I have never been more thankful for Hangman, thanks dude" Dove said which caused Hangman to smile a bit at the woman. "Hey, Hangman, you look good." Rooster says. Dove smiled a bit. "I am good, Rooster. I'm very good." He replied and smiled. "I'll see you three back on deck." He finished.

.............

Dove hopped out her plane, "DOVE!" She turned and saw her father running to her, she smiled then he wrapped his arms around his daughter. He kissed her forehead a few times. "Dad... dad" Dove said. "I know, but I thought I lost you." Merlin said and Dove closed her eyes for a moment then opened them. "I'm alright dad, I promise I would come home safe." Dove said. "I know." Merlin said. They pulled away, Merlin looked over and saw Maverick with Rooster. Dove smiled. "Go on." She said as she looked over at the duo. He nodded and went over.

"Dove!" She looked to see Phoenix. "Phoenix!" Dove said as she ran to her. Phoenix pulled her into a hug. "Oh that's was scary." Dove said. "I know, Floyd was a mess." Phoenix said. "What about me?" They looked to see Bob. Phoenix patted her shoulder and walked off leaving the two of them alone. 

"I thought I lost you." Bob said. Dove looked at him, "I promised you I would come back safely." Dove said. "You did.... for what it's worth, your birth parents would be proud." Bob said. She smiled at him. "Thank you." She said. Bob looked into her eyes as he stepped closer to her. "You know what." Bob said. Before dove could question him, he put his lips onto hers. Everyone whistled. Dove smiled through the kiss. He pulled away, "About that thing I was going to tell you." Bob said. Dove smiled and pulled him into another kiss. Bob smiled through it. She pulled away, "If you are going to ask me to be yours, absolutely Floyd." Dove said and He smiled at her, pulled her into a hug.

Merlin looked at the couple. "Oh Merlin, your little Charlotte is in love." Maverick said. "She may not be little anymore, but she is always going to be my little Dove." Merlin said as Maverick smiled. "You did good." Maverick said. Merlin looked over at him then back at the couple as everyone surround them.