12

He told me not to think Dove

Dove opened her eyes, she sat up and saw her surroundings. She saw Maverick, she was confused then she saw she was tangled up in the parachute. She sighed and began to untangle herself.

Maverick opened his eyes then sat up quickly which caught the attention of the woman. "Maverick... are you alright?" Dove asked him. "I'm fine, are you?" He asked her. "Yeah, we just need to figure out how to get back, everyone must be panicking even my father."  Dove said as she managed to get herself untangled then she got up and went to help Maverick get out of the mess he was in. "Your father was like that, I remember from topgun, but we will." Maverick said 

She helped him get out of the mess, then she gasped quietly when she saw in a distance the enemy's helicopter. "Maverick, I don't mean to panic but we need to go, quick." Dove whispered, he looked over and saw the helicopter. He grabbed Dove and they ran for it as the helicopter began firing. They quickly made it behind the wall and duck.

Before things escalated any further, the helicopter was blown to shreds by Rooster. Dove sighed in relief when she saw Rooster's plane. Unfortunately his plane get taken down, Dove and Maverick saw him heading into the trees which Dove and Maverick ran for it.  both Dove and Maverick tracked him down and thankfully, he gotten out of the crash unscathed.

Both of them find him cutting away from his parachute. "You alright?" Maverick called out after him and Dove reached Rooster. "Yeah.." He responded. Then he was shocked and confused when Maverick pushes him into the snow. Dove eyes widen as she took off her helmet.

"What the hell?!?" Rooster yells as he threw his helmet off as Maverick threw off his. "What are you doing here?" Maverick questioned him. "What am I doing here?" Rooster questions him. "Dove and I took those missiles, so you can be down here with Dove and I, You should be back on the carrier by now!" Maverick shouted at him.

"I saved yours and Dove's life!" Rooster yelled back. "We saved your life, that's the whole point, what the hell were you even thinking?" Maverick questioned him. "You told me not to think!" Rooster yelled back. Dove kicked the snow, as Rooster rose his hands up at Maverick. "You know... you did tell him that.... you told me that." Dove said as Maverick looked back at her. Rooster chuckled silently. "I know... you don't have to remind me Wells." Maverick said to her as she smiled a bit at him.

"Well... that's established...Now gentlemen, what's the plan because we can't get back on foot." Dove said as she looked around. Maverick looked at the two, "I got an idea, follow me." Maverick said as he picked up his helmet and walked a direction. Rooster picked up his, him and Dove looked at each other for a moment. "Glad your alright buddy." Rooster said as he patted her shoulder as the began to follow Maverick. "Me too." Dove said.

........................

they looked ahead at the enemy's air base. Maverick spotted two aircrafts, knowing that he can fly one of them while Dove could fly the other. Rooster looked over at Maverick "Your not serious?" Rooster had questioned him. Maverick looked over at them both then got up "Yep, he's quite serious here Roost." Dove whispered to Rooster. Rooster looked through the binoculars. "You've gotta be kidding me. An F-14?" Rooster said as he looked ahead. "Merlin and I have experience." Maverick said and Dove smiled a bit. "Yep. Never shuts up about it, but I enjoy hearing those stories if I'm quite honest ." Dove said which warmed Maverick's heart. Rooster smiled a bit, then looked ahead then sighing again.

"We don't even know if those bag of trash can fly." Rooster stated. Dove looked at Maverick, Maverick looked at her then at Rooster then back to the planes. "Let's find out." Maverick said as he got up and Dove followed. "Charlotte.... Mav." Rooster called out then he followed them.

The trio had came up to two planes, two F-14s which Dove had experience with because of her father. Dove checked over everything then looked at Maverick and Rooster. "They'll need gas, don't worry I got the other plane." Dove said as she looked at the other plane then she went to connect the gas hose to the plane that she was flying. Dove look over the planes and sighed. "I hope you fossils can fly because I got to get home with these two, I promised." Dove said to herself before she climbed up the ladder to hop into the plane

"Dad you flew in this, holy..." Dove said looking at the controls. Dove smiled as she saw the gas levels increasing, she was also relieved."Guess these fossils work after all." Dove said with relief. "Dove, you sure you can handle flying that?" Maverick asked her. "Once again, I think your forgetting Maverick, my father might've been WSO but I have flown in one of these before.... I think I can manage." Dove replied which caused them both to smile at her. Dove turned on the personal tracker that was equipped on her flight suit.

"Sir, we're picking up a signal from Dove in a F-14?" The communications operator questions which caused Merlin to lift his head up. "Wait my daughter... in a F-14?" Merlin questioned

Rooster unconnected both of the gas hoses before climb in behind Maverick. The pull out and realize the taxi way was shorten due to it being destroy. Dove looked over at Maverick and nodded. The wings started to come out. "Um, why are they wings coming out?" Rooster questioned them but both of them stayed silent. "Uh you two, you seem confused, this is a taxi way, which is a very very short runway." Rooster explained. Maverick and Dove looked at each other, this was blast in the past for Maverick because Merlin and him did this once, now he was doing this with Merlin's Kid. Dove nodded, both of them flipping the engine switch once more.

"We got this.. we got this, don't worry everyone, we are coming home safe." Dove whispered to herself as she grasped the accelerator tightly before blasting it the full way. "Oh shit!" Rooster yells as they both go full speed down the taxiway. They get up in the air, Maverick damaging the landing gear in the process as Dove damaged the one on hers as well. "Well damn, hope that's not an issue later." Dove said.

...............