+ twelve +

"Thanks," I muttered as I watched Sunghoon take the balls from my arms. He slowly put them on the ground and nodded at me before walking away. The P.E teacher approached me and asked, "Isn't that Sunghoon? Why is he not in class?"

I stayed silent and watched as his figure disappeared from our sight. The teacher let out a heavy sigh and shook her head, "I'm tired of seeing him skipping classes. He could've been a great student if he wasn't friends with Taehyun's gang."

I cleared my throat and walked toward Ahrin. She gave me a confused look before saying, "I'm sorry, Hana but the court is full. You'll have to wait for your turn to play."

I chuckled as I felt dumbfounded. "I thought I asked you to save me a spot?"

"Sorry! I forgot about that. Jihu wanted to play so bad so I couldn't say 'no' to her," she patted my arm gently before pushing me away from the court. I felt anger boiling inside me. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Jihu? She couldn't even serve the ball. The team would lose in a second."

"Okay! It's the girls against the boys. Whoever scores the highest, I'll treat them to ice cream!" Our teacher exclaimed excitedly before blowing her whistle. All the students cheered and clapped their hands. I sat in front and watched as Jay served the ball. He looked so charismatic and handsome. I couldn't help but stare at him for a while until someone said, "You should close your mouth, Hana. He'll know that you like him if you keep looking at him like that."

I jumped in surprise when the teacher sat down next to me. My cheeks started to redden as I avoided her gaze. "I don't like him," I lied with a frown. She laughed, "I've watched you forever, Hana. You're not going to make any progress if you don't approach him."

"I don't need to make any progress. If he's meant for me, he'll eventually come around."

She shrugged at hearing my response, "Whatever you want."

I thought about what she said for a while. She was right. I needed to approach him to make progress. But I didn't know what to do. After a while of watching them playing volleyball, I wanted to play too.

I raised my hand before saying, "It's my turn."

No one heard me. I glanced at the teacher and watched as she blew the whistle, "It's someone else's turn! Ahrin, change with Hana."

"No! I want to play!"

"Please let Ahrin play with me, teacher! We make such a good duo!" Jihu begged as she was making a cute face. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. Ahrin was supposed to be my best friend. We were supposed to be the best duo.

"Hana, let Ahrin play," Heeseung said out of the blue. Sometimes, seeing him being head over heels for Ahrin was making me feel very annoyed with him. He would do anything to let her do whatever she wants.

"Okay," I forced out a smile before walking away from the place. I didn't want any bad words coming out of my mouth. The teacher knew how I was feeling and didn't try to stop me as I decided to explore the whole school.

I went to the back of the school and saw the wall where Sunghoon helped me climb. I saw a few dustbins and kicked them as hard as I could. It all rolled on the ground as rubbish came out of them. That did not relieve my stress.

"Let Ahrin play?!"

"She can't even send the ball over the net!"

"Jihu and Ahrin? A duo?!"

"They both couldn't even play volleyball properly!" I kicked the dustbins one more time.

"I feel very left out!" I kicked them again and kneeled on the ground as I felt tears coming out of my eyes. I held my chest and tried to suppress my tears.

💌

Sunghoon held his backpack as he made his way to the back of the school. He glanced at the wall where he helped Hana climb over and smirked, remembering the silly memory. One of the smart girls in school asked him to help her enter the class at a late time. One of the rarest moments for him.

He walked to Taehyun and watched all the dustbins that were all over the ground. "What happened here?" He asked as he looked around. Taehyun sighed, "Someone came here and kicked everything. This was supposed to be our hideout to smoke. I don't even have any mood to do that anymore."

"Good," Sunghoon said before snatching the cigarette box from his friend, "You'll die early anyway. Don't smoke."

He averted his gaze to the ground when a random hair tie caught his attention. He picked it up and the first thing that crossed his mind was it could belong to Hana. He didn't know why he thought about her. The hair tie could belong to anyone but he thought about her only.

He wore it around his wrist and dropped the cigarette box before stepping on it. "I'm going back to class. It's physics."

"I can't believe someone like you would love physics," Taehyun rolled his eyes. "I just like it," Sunghoon smirked and shrugged before walking away from the place.