-Chapter V-

They'd done the impossible. They survived the night in a maze with huge metal spiders that lurked in every corner.

     Thomas and Minho had Albys arms on their shoulders, having been taking turns for the past thirty minutes between the three of them.

     "Almost there." Minho stated as he let out a grunt.

     "Want me to take over?" Evelyn asked the boys to which she earned frantic shakes of their heads, a chuckle leaving her lips. They both have big egos.

     Five minutes past and a smile grew across Evelyn's face as she saw the gladers at the entrance cheering. Even from the distance they looked like they were in awe of the sight before them.

     "Yeah!" Chuck shouted as they neared, Evelyn quickly running up to him and giving him a tight hug, the two close behind with Alby.

     "I got him, I got him." Jeff stated as they carefully laid Alby down on his back.

     "What happened out there?" Frypan asked looking between the three who were taking a breath.

     "How did you make it out?" Zart then asked right after Fry not allowing them to even answer.

     "You saw a griever?" Chuck questioned staring at Thomas who nodded, everyone shutting up.

     "Yeah, I saw one." He said looking up at Evelyn who was stood smiling at him.

     "He didn't just see it. He killed it." Minho stated proudly looking at Thomas, everyone's eyes going wide and quiet chatter starting to arise.

•|•|•

     Gally had insisted that they had a meeting right after the four had arrived back in the glade but Evelyn was opposed to the idea being that they were exhausted and beat up.

     She didn't have any deep cuts, nothing more than a few bruises really, but she noticed a cut on Thomas's left wrist so she wanted to take a look and a meeting would prevent her from doing so. Since Alby was not available to make decisions, Newt was in charge and he gave her fifteen minutes.

     Clint and Jeff had taken Alby to the hut and made sure he was secured with ropes for when he wakes up knowing full well what happens when a person's stung. After they got him situated, Jeff took a look at Minho while Evelyn accessed the cut on Thomas's wrist.

     "You're too modest." She shook her head as she poured a little water on the cut to clean it out best she could with the little supplies she had.

     Thomas looked up and smiled as he watched her carefully clean his wrist, a smile adorning her face. "I didn't want to explain the entire night. I was kinda trying to get air in my lungs."

     She laughed and grabbed a bandage from a nearby shelf, Jeff and Minho walking over from the corner of the hut they were in.

     "You good?" Evelyn asked Minho who nodded with a smirk.

     "Just a couple scrapes." He stated placing a hand on his hip proudly.

      "Oh whatever, get the hell out." She chuckled before he shrugged and exited the hut. Jeff was right behind him but he didn't leave without sending Evelyn a knowing look about the boy sat in front of her.

     "How you feeling?" She asked tilting her head up to look at him.

     He met her eyes with his own, not answering for a moment longer than expected as he scanned her face. He glanced around the room a couple times before pursing his lips and giving her a response. "I'm okay. You?"