-Prologue-

9:20

     He's late.

     Evelyn shook her head before showing Newt the watch that wrapped around her left wrist, the boy too sighing. You'd think after carefully planning this out for six months that they'd be on time.

     "What could he possibly be doing?" She huffed tucking her hair behind her ears that had been blowing everywhere with the wind, her arms then falling crossed over her chest.

     "I don't know why you sound surprised." Newt chuckled adjusting his backpack to sit more comfortably atop his shoulders as he looked at the girl through squinted eyes with a grin on his lips.

     "Not surprised. Just disappointed." She shrugged glancing around causing another laugh to leave the boys lips.

     "Don't worry. He's probably just stopped to ask Vince a thousand questions." Newt leaned against the large rock they were hiding behind as the sound of the train was made known from the distance.

     "Considering the fact the train is close I hope to god you're wrong." She said peaking out from behind the rock still no sign of the vehicle. "You think they know?"

     "Who?"

     "Wicked." She said looking back at the boy.

     "Probably." She tilted her head and sent him a look. "Stop. You're worrying too much when we've had this planned for months."

     "I know. I just really want him back." She stated. Not having her best friend has taken a toll on her and everyone noticed it.

     "Me too." Newt replied, wanting more than anything for everyone to be back together so they could go to the Safe Haven.

     Evelyns lips tilted upward at the sound of a whistle from the direction she'd just heard the train slow down from.

     "Come on!" They heard Vince call to them as they stepped out from behind the rock facing him and Thomas.

     "I'll cover you." Evelyn pulled the gun from her waistband and cocked it sending Newt a wink causing him to chuckle again before they set off towards the train.

     "It's this one. This one!" Newt nodded at Thomas as they rounded the side to find the boy banging his hand on the side of the large vehicle causing an eruption of hollers to sound from inside.

     "You're late." Evelyn said turning to the brunette as they walked a few steps away from the train and down the tracks a little.

     "I know, sorry." He said before Vince tapped his shoulder. Thomas looked back up from the girl and frowned as eight or more Wicked guards started towards them in a jog.

     "It's gonna be close." Vince said running back to the train.

     "Come on. We still got shit to do." Evelyn said turning back and making her way to Newt to make sure he didn't get shot as she held her weapon tightly in her hands.

     Thomas and Vince climbed up the sides to attach the hefty chords to the top of the crate that Minho was in as the guards were now gaining quickly.

     Newt was about halfway done with melting the metal attachments as Thomas called down to him. "Newt, how you doing?"

     "Don't rush me." He replied, though not actually annoyed his voice portrayed that tone which caused a smirk to grow across Evelyns mouth in amusement.

     The guards opposite them started raising their guns so Evelyn did as well before a few shots were fired, the boys on top of the crate ducking as the shots came quite close.

     A couple other kids were shooting back as well, one of theirs or Evelyns shots landing in a guards chest resulting in them to fall to the hard ground.

     "Hey, get up here!" Thomas yelled down to the two as Newt was nearly finished.

     "Give him a minute!" Evelyn shouted back sending another shot to another guard, them falling to the ground a few feet away from the other one.

     Vince climbed down the ladder before raising his own gun and started shooting to give them a little help. "Go, go, go!"

     Evelyn turned around to find Newt finally done with the melting before he dropped the tool and started up the ladder. She stayed down helping Vince with all the remaining fire power in her gun before she too climbed up to the top.

     "Where the hell are they?" Newt asked Thomas as they both laid on their stomachs to avoid getting hit, Evelyn crouching down behind them as she reloaded her gun.

     "I don't know." Thomas shot his gun as he spoke, hitting a guy in the leg.

     "Come on, come on." Evelyn said to the other two boys who had removed the attachments on the other side, them both climbing up and staying low. She turned her head toward the sky where the berg they highjacked was now hovering above them to pick up their cargo.

     Thomas and Newt hooked up the chain that was lowered from the berg as Evelyn looked over the side at Vince who was still not up yet.

     "Okay, go!" Thomas yelled up at the berg, the crate starting to lift.

     "Vince hurry!" Evelyn shouted down to the man. As he ran out from behind the crate her and Thomas held their guns up again to keep them from shooting the man as he climbed up the ladder on the side.

     Newt helped him up all the way, the wind blowing wildly and hair strewn everywhere from the berg above them as they started to gain a little bit of altitude.

     The Wicked guards shot a few more times before giving up, everyone standing with smiles on their faces and uncontainable cheers sounding.

     "Yeah!" Thomas threw his hand in the air out of pure excitement as they kept a steady pace through the air and towards their new camp.

     Evelyn walked over and brought Thomas and Newt into a little group hug as they laughed, whooped and hollered.

____________________

Hey y'all!

  Okay we have completed the prologue!

  I have to say this because I can't stop thinking about it...My coworker looks like a mix of Dylan O'Brien and Andrew Garfield...Like I can't even begin to explain. I literally morphed Dylan and Andrew's faces together and that's my coworker...Unfortunately he's older than me and it's illegal so that's fun😭

  Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed!