-Chapter IV-

"Gally?" Thomas looked at the boy who stood a few inches taller in shock having thought he's been dead for over six months.

Evelyn kept her eyes locked on the boy as he stared directly at Thomas, trying to figure out how on earth he was standing right there. He got speared in the chest, how was he even breathing?

In one quick motion that no one could even have time to react to let alone stop fast enough, Thomas stepped forward and sent his fist into the side of Gally's face causing the taller boy to fall to the ground where Thomas climbed on top of him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Gally breathed out from under Thomas as the latter raised his fist again but Newt ran at the two stopping him from doing so.

"Stop, stop, stop." Newt muttered looking right at Thomas but he wouldn't pull his eyes away from the killer beneath him.

"He killed Chuck." Thomas seethed, his nails digging into his palm and jaw clenched tight.

"I know. I remember, I was there too. But I also remember he was stung and half out of his mind." Thomas only grew angrier in Gally's presence as he kept his fist clenched. "Just calm down."

Thomas shoved Newts hand away and stepped back where Evelyn stood, the girls hands going to his back as he stumbled.

"Kinda had that coming." Gally said rubbing his hand over his jaw after he had got back to his feet. "Anybody else? Fry? Evelyn?"

"I mean, if you're offering." She shrugged.

"Do you know this guy?" Jorge questioned eyes trailing from Gally to the rest of the group.

"He's an old friend." Fry answered still surprised at the sight before him.

"H-how's this possible. I don't understand, we watched you die." Newt spoke through raised brows.

"No you left me to die." Gally corrected. "If we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now." He took a pause as a question popped into his mind. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho. Wicked has him." Newt replied.

"We're looking for a way in." Evelyn crossed her arms matching Thomas's cold gaze from beside him as she spoke.

"I can help with that. Follow me." Gally said but before anyone moved Thomas spoke.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

Gally shook his head already annoyed with Thomas and they hadn't even been in the same room for three minutes. "Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls."

Thomas still held his head up in protest to the idea, Evelyn picking up on the look and scoffing as she stepped forward and gestured for Gally to lead the way.

"This is our only way Tommy." She began walking with Gally only turning backwards for a moment to face Thomas before continuing on.

•|•|•

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and brought me here to Lawrence." Gally led everyone down a ramp and to an underground civilization you could say, all the people giving the group a look that wasn't necessarily rude but it was just their resting face.

     "This group's been at war with Wicked ever since they took control of the city. But Wicked can't hide behind those walls forever. Days gonna come and they're gonna pay for what they've done." Gally explained, Evelyn glancing at him and smiling liking this new version of him. Who knew that a spear to the lung could change someone...