-Chapter III-

They had been driving for two minutes and Thomas could feel his face heating up and hands getting clammy from the nervous feeling of the complete silence Evelyn had made.

     Not a peep. For two minutes. The longest two minutes of his life and even Newt and Fry were a little anxious.

     "Ev-" Newt started so she felt it was a good time to start.

     "Do you have any idea how insanely stupid you are?" She turned her head looking right into Thomas's eyes from the other side of the car, the only thing separating them being Newt and he was scared to death of being the barrier next to a girl who looked as though she might explode with anger.

     "I'm s-"

     "Oh no, no, no. Your apology might work on Brenda but it won't on me. Now I asked you a question." She said raising her brows with her jaw clenched.

     He couldn't help the breath from being held back in his throat. She was very scary. "Look Ev, I know I shouldn't have left without saying anything but I really didn't want you to come."

     "Well that makes it just so much better huh? You had no reason to leave me there! Minho is my best friend and you think I wanna sit on the sidelines while everyone else gets to go fight to get him back? Hell no! You had no right!" She got a little closer, Newt scooting away slightly as she yelled at Thomas.

     "I didn't want you to be in danger!" He shouted right back at her with a lot less confidence under his tone.

     "That's not just one sided Thomas! This is a two way relationship and you're not the only one who worries so it's not fair for you to leave me like that and expect me to be okay with it! Got it?" She said pointing an accusing finger at him as Newt nodded along at her words.

     "Oh don't think you're off the hook, you left too." She said to Newt then glanced back at Frypan.

     Miles stared wide eyed at the girl as she spoke, not expecting her anger to have flowed this far over the surface. Brenda and Jorge shared a glance and then chuckled from the amusing looks on the three boys faces.

     "We had nothing to do with this and I honestly thought we should've brought you but he was insistent." Fry spoke his defense to which she slowly sat back in her seat crossing her arms over her chest, her eyes still on Thomas.

"We'll talk about this later." She said to him and then it again fell silent but that was short lived being that Jorge spoke.

     "Hey don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun chances are the city is too." He explained looking at Thomas through the rearview mirror.

     Evelyn and Newt turned their heads out the left window simultaneously to see the city with an entire wall surrounding it. "Yeah, unless they figured out another way to keep the cranks out." Newt said, Jorge then looking to his left as well just before he slammed his foot on the brakes.

     "God, Jorge give us a little warning." Evelyn huffed as they all piled out of the car and stood around looking out over the cliff.

     "Funny...Spent three years trapped behind walls trying to break out and now we want to break back in." Newt stated with both hands tucked into his pockets.

     "Yeah it's hilarious." Fry's voice was unamused as he spoke, pure sarcasm dripping from his tone.

     "How do we get in?" Evelyn asked directing her attention to Jorge.

     "Don't look at me hermana. Those walls are new. I guess that's Wicked's answer for everything." He replied tossing his gloves back and forth in his hands.