Chapter XIV

.

.

.

"He's actually following me..." I thought to myself while John Doe stood across from me. This is no different from the first trip when arriving at work, with awkward silence and John staring at me. How can he keep his eyes on me this long? Is he going to be like this through the whole trip back? I honestly hope not. When the bus arrived at my stop, I got up and quietly step off.

"Ok, we're here... Huh?" I turned my head to look at John, half expecting to see him. However, he wasn't there, nowhere to be seen. Even the bus was gone. Did he even get off?

"That's probably a good thing."

Rather than thinking about it, I just walked on towards my apartment. And once I reached my door, I pulled out my key to unlock it and walked in. Once I did, I was hit with a wave of exhaustion. I made my way over to the couch and slumped into it. I could honestly fall asleep here, but my stomach has a different idea as it growled with hunger. Should I eat?

"... Yeah, I probably should. I deserve a little treat," I said while slowly getting up from the couch and entering my kitchen.

"Ok, I wonder what I have in here..."

For the next couple of minutes, I spent my time looking in my fridge, freezer and cabinets. As I was looking, a thought crossed my mind. When was the last time I shopped? What did I have to eat yesterday...? I was so focused on my thoughts that I wasn't paying much attention to my own surroundings, that was till I heard something just below my foot.

"What...?" I thought while looking down at my foot, only to see that I have stepped into something. It was red and very thick.

"Oh my god, what the hell is that?! Urgh... It smells so bad... It smells like... Like blood..." I should really look away, I should leave the kitchen, but my legs and head won't move. My whole body feels stiff, it's like I'm being forced to watch a horrific murder scene right before my very eyes. How did this get here? Why is this here? In my kitchen?! All the hunger I had was now gone as my stomach began to turn and I can feel the blood flow leaving my face.

"I'm going to be sick... I really need to leave this room...!" I thought to myself as I was finally able to move my legs and quickly ran out of the kitchen and back into my living room.

"That was disgusting..." I say while sitting back down on my couch and taking deep breaths, trying to forget the scene that I saw. I don't know if that was blood or not, but whatever it was, I lost my appetite now. I don't even know what to do now. I mean if I do contact someone they would most likely pin something on me. Especially since my apartment shows no sign of forced entry. Guess I'll have to clean it up later once I have calmed down.

"I think I'll just try to relax and watch tv before cleaning up and then bed."

I grab the remote and turned in the tv. I sat there for a couple of minutes, doing nothing, and constantly switching channels. With all the channels you can have, nothing is ever showing. I started to question myself why I even bought a tv.

"What are you watching?" Asked a familiar voice. It was so unexpected and sudden that I jumped off my couch. How or why is he here?!

"How did you get into my house?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"You let me in, silly!" John says with a smile, completely ignoring the fact that he frightened the life out of me.

"Let him in? What the hell does he mean by that?! He wasn't anywhere to be seen when I came back!"

"You're so forgetful, you know that?"

"What are you talking about?!" I asked him while I can feel my own sanity slowly leaving after a long day at work. John didn't say anything, he just stood there in silence. That was until he finally said something, but his tone and voice were, different.

"Y ou ca   n  feel  it  d on't you? There's   so mething here, bet   ween   us."

"Huh...?"

"I ju   st  love  lo ve lov   e y  ou!"

I honestly don't know what's happening, but I'm very scared. My mind and body were telling me to run. But just before I could even move, I was suddenly tackled to the floor by John who is currently pinning me down, and with a knife in hand!

"DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU LOVE ME?"

"YES."

"Wh... What did I just say!? I was going to say no! So why did my mouth say yes instead?!" I thought as I slowly began to panic, but then I felt a sharp pain going through my chest. John Doe has just stabbed me at least four or five times. I couldn't bring myself to scream, as I don't have that energy anymore. I can't breathe, I can't even say anything as my windpipe and mouth are now filled with my own blood. I couldn't hear anything, only John as he was taking deep breaths.

"You're so lovely..." He said as he just suddenly lend down and kissed me on my now bloody lips. I watched as he pulled back with his own covered with my blood.

"I lo    ve yo     u."

I should have listened to my parents, I shouldn't have left home... I wished I could have talked to them when I came home... Now I won't be able to hear their voices again or even see their faces... 

"Dad, pops... I'm so sorry..." That was my last thought, as I felt my heart slowly coming to a stop and my eyelids felt heavy. It was there that I knew, I have died.

.

.

.

(It's not over😶‍🌫️ Also I'm so sorry for taking so long and being late to update, I was facing some problems😥But I hope that this chapter will make up for it.)