Chapter XXIII

.

.

.

"What a long day," I said while walking out of the gas station and making my way toward the bus stop. As I stood there, waiting for my ride home, I kept on inspecting the area around me.

"I don't see Doe around anywhere..."

"Hi!" Says a familiar voice, It was so unexpected that I jumped back in fright.

"Oh-! Geez, you scared me!"

"Oh, I'm sorry! I tend to scare people by accident," says Doe while apologizing. I noticed that he had that look of uneasiness again, guess he didn't like it when I exclaimed at him. "Do you like being scared?"

"Why is he even asking that? Wasnt my reaction proof enough."

"No, I don't like the feeling scared at all! Why would I want that?" I said with brutal honesty. I was expecting Doe to be displeased with my answer for some reason, but instead, he laughed slightly.

"Heh, well you are cute when you're scared, you know."

"... Thank I guess."

"So, can I come home with you?" He asked with a smile.

He's not being serious, is he? We literally meet hours ago, making an awkward conversation with me, and now he's asking me if he could come back to my apartment with me. And another thing; who or why is he acting so calm with me now?! Even after he ran out of the gas station earlier.

"I don't know...I feel like I shouldn't invite strangers over to my house."

"... O-oh... I thought we knew each other now... I mean there's only one way to get to know someone, right?"

"I don't know... I think I'm just gonna head home, maybe later, ok?" I said while rejecting his offer again. His expression went from a smile to a somewhat upset look. I won't deny that I somehow feel bad for being like this to him, but I have to put my foot down! He could sweet talk or even use puppy dog eyes on me as much as he went, but there's no way he's coming back with me! 

As soon as my bus arrived, I quickly got on. Once the vehicle began to move, I suddenly felt brave enough to look up and see if that Doe guy was on board as well. I was half expecting to see him, but to my surprise, he wasn't there.

"Huh... Doe didn't get on the bus," I said quietly as I was rechecking all the empty seats just to see if he was there, but he wasn't. Which calmed me quite a bit. I couldn't help but slump back into my seat now knowing that I'm the only one here.

"I'm super tired"

After what almost felt like a long trip and trying my very best to stay awake, the bus finally arrived at my stop. I got up from my seat and got off the bus, and walked up to my front door. "I just want to go back to bed..." I said in a low tone. I pulled out the key from my pocket and inserted it into the door. However, that's when I noticed that the door itself was slightly open.

.

.

.

(We're near the end!🥺)