nine

112 AC

112 AC

It had been 6 months since Aemma was taken from her and yet Valaenyra still mourned. She was always seen wearing black colored dresses wherever she goes.

The only reason she has not been deemed a kingslayer right now was because of Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra loved her father, hence she could not break more of her niece's heart. She just had to endure and continued what Aemma would want her to do, which is to protect Rhaenyra.

Viserys on the other hand had tried everything to to be closer to Valaenyra. He hoped that they could mourn together, after all, he knew how much Aemma cherished Valaenyra and vice versa. But all his attempts had been rejected by his cousin.

Thus all he could do right now was to protect Valaenyra the best he could while she stayed in the Red Keep, for both Rhaenyra's sake and the memories of Aemma.

Rhaenyra and Valaenyra had gone so much closer, so close that Alicent Hightower seemed to have been jealous of the duo.

Alicent wanted that kind of bond with the lady, she saw firsthand how great Rhaenyra was treated by Valaenyra and envied that kind of care.

She thought that maybe after the queen had died she would become closer to Valaenyra as the lady would need all the friends she had right now.

But yet the gap seemed to grow bigger as Rhaenyra always dragged her away from the Hightower, never allowing the both of them to be in the same room together, not purposely of course.

"Is that another letter from uncle?" Rhaenyra asked from Valaenyra's bed as she stare at the letter that her aunt just tore and threw away.

Valaenyra shrugged, not really in the mood to discuss it further.

Yet Rhaenyra couldn't help but want to pry, "What did he want?"

"I wouldn't know, I didn't read it," Valaenyra replied as she sat on the window's ledge to watch the view of King's Landing.

"You never read any of them," Rhaenyra retorted, lying on her stomach.

"Did you just have dinner with your father?" Valaenyra tried to change the topic.

"He extend his invitation to you too, you know," Rhaenyra replied. "He wished that we could go back to having weekly dinner like we used to do."

"I will have nothing to say to him," Valaenyra said.

Rhaenyra just sighed, this past 6 months had been rough on her too, "Well, you're not missing much. Father kept on undermining me even though I have become the heir. Saying how much I was still too young to make any decisions or input towards what was happening in the realm right now. If I was a boy, he probably will constantly ask for my opinion."

"Then prove it to him," Valaenyra said.

Rhaenyra looked at her aunt in confusion, "How can I prove it to him if I am not allowed to act on it?"