fifteen

115 AC

115 AC

Valaenyra stepped away from Rhaenyra, her violet eyes widening in shock. Valaenyra's mind was flooded with numerous thoughts at once. She made an effort to understand Rhaenyra's action, but she was unable to.

She never thought that Rhaenyra would look at her like that as she always treated Rhaenyra like an older sister instead. So how did Rhaenyra ever come to this conclusion?

She reasoned that Rhaenyra would not want to get married because the Hightower girl might be the one who caught her attention. Hence now, she was speechless as her mouth was opened like a gaping fish but yet no words came out and she did not know what to say.

Rhaenyra who still had her hand on Valaenyra's neck tried to attach their lips again but Valaenyra just stepped away. Untangling Rhaenyra's hand from her neck.

"What are you doing?" Valaenyra finally found her voice and asked.

Rhaenyra just grabbed Valaenyra's hand and entwined it with hers, "Finding pleasure. Is that not what we are doing?"

"Not with me. With someone you like," Valaenyra whispered, detangling her hands from Rhaenyra's. "I'm not going to make you be like Daemon and fuck every single living thing in Westeros. I just want you to be not scared to feel pleasure, that's why I bring you here to get your uncle."

"But is it wrong if I wanted my first to be with you?" Rhaenyra asked. "You're the only one I trust. I don't want my first to be with a man who I was forced to marry, someone I do not trust and just wanted me to bear heirs who would be my death one day."

Daemon's words rang in her mind by then, maybe she did influence Rhaenyra too much with her ideologies.

"The man you marry would not be like that, Rhaenyra. You're a Princess and the heir to the throne, not a broodmare. He will treat you with kindness," Valaenyra explained. "You will regret it if you gave yourself to me. Just like I did, for giving myself to someone that I do not desire."

"What if I get pregnant and turned to be like my mother?" Rhaenyra retorted.

Valaenyra grew silent at the thought of Aemma before finally speaking, "If you do not want to get pregnant, there is always moon tea to prevent that, Rhaenyra."

"Don't let that fear consume you from seeking pleasure. And what happen to Aemma was unfortunate, but I promised you that I would never let anything happen to you. I will be there for you and protect you always. I might can't protect Aemma back then but I will for you," she continued.

Valaenyra was not sure if Rhaenyra understood what she was saying and implying, but hopefully, she did. Valaenyra felt two sets of eyes watching over her so she turned her attention in that direction only to find Daemon leaning on an open door, watching them. That son of a bitch.

Valaenyra pulled her cloak from herself and covered Rhaenyra with it, "Find Ser Harwin and go back to the castle. He won't be far away from here, I told him to be around the area in case things happened. I'll find Daemon."