Jealousy, Jealousy

Takiya's laugh echoed throughout the tiny apartment. And Fafnir hated every second of it.

The dragon swivels around in his chair with a scary farce, his brow switching in annoyance.

"Will you please keep it down!?" He yells.

"Ah, sorry sorry!"
Takiya waves his hand from his desk, flashing his swirly glasses with a nervous glance and smile.

"Oh that was my roommate Fafnir," Takiya says back into the headphone mic more softly, bringing his attention back to his monitor.
"Don't mind him, he hates humans."

"Ahhh what a scary guy!" A feminine voice rings through the headphones. Though muffled, Fafnir can hear their call as clear as day.

"Tsk."
Fafnir returns his gaze to his own monitor, incredibly ticked off.
The issue is, he's not sure why.

What he does know—based off Takiya's bombastic conversations—is that Takiya has recently been in contact with an old friend from college. They use to hangout plenty of times: playing video games, drawing, and going to events. After graduation, moving, and getting jobs, time slipped by and their bond was left on pause, until Takiya saw her in his streaming recommendations.

Now the two talk nonstop, and it infuriates Fafnir.
This feeling, this irrational relinquished emotion, puts Fafnir in a mix of anger and despair. Yet knowingly, there's nothing the dragon can do about it.

...

Takiya scurries around his drawers, looking for something decent to wear. He throws on a casual outfit and makes his way to the front door to put on his shoes. Fafnir catches the office worker out of the corner of his eye.

"Where are you going?"
Fafnir asks as he slips off his headphones, watching Takiya grab a small backpack.

"Meeting up with that friend of mine that I told you about." Takiya answers.

"The girl?" Fafnir said in annoyance.

"Yep." Takiya responds back.

"Fine, have a good day."
Fafnir wishes off, though he never truly meant it.

"Yeah, you too!"
Takiya says, sounding chipper before leaving the home and leaving Fafnir alone with nothing but video games, anime girl figurines, and a dragon worth of thoughts.

Only thirty minutes fly by, and Fafnir cannot erase the images and flying thoughts in his head.

The power of his imagination surpassed his expectations as he can perfectly picture a new female roommate being close quarters with Takiya, not to his personal liking.

She's a female of a fairly attractive figurine, at least to this worlds standards: a perfect mating partner.

Suddenly, all he could think is how he could be replaced. Fafnir never recognized how easily that would be, especially versus a female. The more he thought about it, the more he ambiguously became worried.

She has a stable job.
She knows Takiyas work and otaku sides.
She knows how to cook.
They use to be close.
She may not be a dragon, but she sounds like a perfect match for a man like Takiya.

The thoughts left a bitterness in his tightened heart as well as his running mind. He knows his growing hatred towards the feminine stranger is irrational and unnecessary, yet it felt like a must.