9

Lashawn

This isn't adding up.

If Seraya and Zay's date was successful and they ended the night on a good note, he wouldn't be flirting with the first nigga he sees the next day. Especially if he was whining to me the other day about being faithful. So that doesn't make sense.

Either he's broken up or is on a break with Seraya and he's exploring his options or he's still with her and he's just blatantly messing around with other niggas in my face.

Both options irritate me to no end. I've been patiently waiting for my turn and when I finally get it, Josh gone swoop in for his? That's exactly how that doesn't work. Once I get my turn, ain't no more fucking turns.

And I'm finna make sure of that.

Josh approaches me with a skeptical expression. "Wassup?" He asks,

Slamming my locker shut, I turn to him and ask, "What's going on witchu and Zay?"

"Not tryna be rude, but that's none of your business." He replies.

"Well, I'm tryna help you avoid going thru what I went thru with Zay, that's all." I shrug.

That throws him off. His eyebrows furrow and his eyes narrow in question. "What happened between you and Isaiah? Wait first, you're gay?!"

"This isn't surprising news." I said.

"I mean judging by your behavior around us, I shouldn't be shocked, but then you'd pull so many girls after the game, that it threw me off."

"What can I say? I just got it like that." I shrug before answering his first question, "At the beginning of the semester, Zay hit me up, wanting to experiment sexually with guys. Well, I've liked him since freshman year, so my immediate answer was gonna be yes, right? Then, I remembered about his girlfriend. I asked him about their status and he said they've broken up. I was like cool and we proceeded from there."

I continue, "We fucked two times and those experiences made me fall for him even harder. Just when I was about to confess my feelings for him, I caught him hugging and kissing Seraya after the game. Come to find out, they were still dating the whole time me and Zay were messing with each other."

I just told him a bunch of bullshit. The only truthful parts were Zay and I fucked two times and Seraya was still in the picture when that happened. However, I told him a bunch of bullshit with a straight face.

Josh makes a sympathetic expression. "Wow, that was a fucked up thing to do."

"Yea and I'm over it now, but I just wanted to let you know what you were getting into with Zay beforehand, so you don't get your heart broken." I tell him.

"I appreciate that, Lashawn." He nods, "Imma move accordingly now."

"No problem." I pat his shoulder before moving to leave the locker room.

< Time Skip >

The next day, I sit in my seat, waiting for Isaiah to walk in. I give my iced coffee a good shake before drinking it. At the same time, I watch Josh. Although he looks disassociated, his jumping leg tells me that he is restless.

Good.

"Yo Isaiah." I hear a voice call out.

Turning my head, I see Isaiah walking in with a large caramel frappe. He moves it over to dap up the guy and then moves on towards his seat. Today, he is wearing all black, including his durag, with his t-shirt, Adidas joggers that accentuates his behind so nicely, and his Air Max 270s. Pulling out his chair, he sits down.