New Member

"A new member?"

The present five NCT Dream members gathered around one of the company's many rooms

The present five NCT Dream members gathered around one of the company's many rooms. All awaiting instructions on what happens next. In the span of a few months, many things shifted. One of the significant changes was Mark's exit from the team because of foolish age and the reasonably swamped and burnt-out self. But they never thought for the struggle of adjustment to be cured with another addition.

From the perspective of the manager, he can clearly see their questions. The doubt creeping in if the company's decision might just throw their career out the door. Even they, NCT's managerial team, raised eyebrows at the company order. But after hearing about the transition phase to welcome the new member and meeting the boy, their minds eased. Maybe this would be a profit benefit. "He's a trainee around here, you might've run into him. But he'll bring back the 7 balance of the team." Rarely did debuted artists and trainees convene in the same space. But the boy handpicked was one carefully considered, thus, had special privileges that allowed him to enter rooms that screamed assurance of his debut. The manager himself grew concerned about these benefits, what if he were to abuse them? But besides the strict security, his gift to be the next debuted member resulted in other trainees treating him poorly. Many words behind his back, and other times of isolation and seclusion. But the boy handled it well, with a calm facade perfect for Kpop idols when dealing with controversies.

But aside from his easygoing attitude, his youth caught the attention of SM. Many YouTubers tried auditioning for the industry before, but rarely did they continue on. Yet, there was a spark in the young boy's videos that made them consider him. And after sending a few scouts to Canada, they secured him in their company, confident of his potential. He's definitely the SM image, maybe not NCT as a whole yet, but a new flavor to add nonetheless. "He'll get on well with you."

"What if he doesn't fit in immediately?" Renjun gave attention to the question. Compared to other groups, NCT was the most open, concept-wise, with new members. But in the original boy group ways, rarely did additions work. How could the company promise he would? But like any corporate, they gave the cold truth. "We already talked to him, and we're telling you the same thing. You have no choice, in the public eye at least, you're his long-lost best friends."

Jeno had to stand at the statement. What's new in SM, of course, image mattered most. And the new boy clearly was something perfect for the company, they were all just followers of the new systems in place. But at the pointed looks to his movement, he had to safe keep its meaning in words of unstable ground, but honest and trying attempts. "I'm sure he'll blend in with us."

The other Dream members wanted to check his forehead, see if he was alright. But to avoid the comedy act in front of authority figures, they retorted to having Jaemin pull him back in his seat as the managers continued. "And he's perfect into your collaboration with HRVY since they're quite the best friend pair." A foreigner then, how many nationalities does SM want to lock?

They gave the boys a folder, all containing the information about the new member and the supposed project for SM station in the next two months. "We are aware Haechan is on tour so he'll miss it. But we'll proceed soon after your acquaintance." There were lyrics already, many papers before the one they wanted to read on. "A YouTuber, he's—" It was a common occurrence for meetings to go into chaos, so the managers didn't really scold them much during private conversations.

Chenle screamed being the first to see who the member was. A person he sometimes watched online with fascination. "It's The Gray Canadian!" The boy and his family were also keen on meeting for business matters. The other members stole the information from his hand, reading on a few details like the boy's name, stage name, positions, and birthdate. The boy Gray was a 2001 liner, adding him to the younger line of the team. And he was indeed Canadian, like Mark.

"Yes, he Mr. Park, or Gray as he chooses, is a Canadian video creator. Most people know him for lacrosse or singing which ultimately brought our attention." The company highlighted some covers he did and their view and like count. One of the most impressive being outside of YouTube and right into serious music. "Two years before, he opened for Shawn Mendes for a few concerts and gained a solid international fan club. The said artist is also someone he composes with, as some behind-the-scenes videos were released." SM didn't prioritize artist authenticity with music, they'll rather get adaptive performers than stubborn creatives. After all, they had the vision to enact each comeback planned. But adding in new people like him and highlighting the likes of Taeyong and Mark give their company plus points for the critics.

The group's former hesitance stance was now of excitement. Jisung went as far as bouncing on his heels, excited to have another hyung around. Maybe they only knew him as the mirror image of the ideal artist. But they were willing to bet on it and engage him in NCT. And it was the perfect timing for their energy to rise because a knock was heard next. The managers knew who it was, and one stood to open the door and welcome the subject of conversation.

 The managers knew who it was, and one stood to open the door and welcome the subject of conversation

"Hello and thanks. I'm Gray I believe."