Copycat

Humans are always unsatisfied.

The presence of collaboration, one requested for years upon years finally at their doorstep. Accessible in the video application that has a white triangle and a red rectangle for a logo. In the proximity of WiFi, it could be rewatched over and over. A marathon infinite as long as the viewer was open to seeing the same picture be in motion over and over again.

Anyone who had a yearning for aesthetic and attractive proportionate bodies and faces would find pleasure in watching the SM Station. Boys break boundaries by discussing love and heartbreak, dressed in pink with faces painted with expressions. The scenes weaved into a school making young people easily identify.

Bookshelves stacking pieces of literature to drown out real cries with fictional scenarios.

Mindless thoughts chased clouds as one laid on the field.

Classrooms with empty seats invite many to fall over them as steps.

As the new member, it was difficult to insert him in the mechanism that starred the charms of each idol in NCT Dream. But the staff found their way, using the best-friend chemistry between Gray and HRVY to make the chorus impactful. They leaned against each other in the seats. The new boy has his fingers run through his hair trying to configure rage in gesture. He sings the small harmonies, having his fingers gently tug at the cloth over his heart to emphasize certain lyrics.

And to SM, it came out good. For a first project debut, the boy had the acting in him, which they were delighted for. Another talent and skill they can profit off of him in the future. Because now at its release, Gray already made a few headlines in Korea. The publicity chasing his name and rewriting it in the favor of interest instead of proper critique.

Did the public award him with an angel halo? Or rather a thumbs-up at the entrance? Well, if he were emojis, he'd be a printer and a cat. Because that's what they dubbed him as, the copycat of the other Canadian in NCT, Mark Lee. And when he woke up to many people commenting on his public Instagram, asking him to change his username to what he supposedly deserved, he ran.

In the pajamas of last night and the imbalance of someone who just woke up, he dashed to a practice room. His head questioned if the dream was him with a sheep or him as a cat dominating the atmosphere of himself. Even his account as a YouTuber is seen as a means for those people to taunt him. Many were raising the question if he had any talent or was SM after the views he tugged at his foolish vlogs.

His accent is such a knock off.

Trying hard.

Move back to your channel.

He could see some k words, threats of creative last moments, and many more. And to think that he believed he won't acquire attention that fast. Yet, here he was defying his expectations in the worst possible way. The growl in the chords of his body wanted to rough against the surface. So, he screamed.

Lines of his face contorted to let out the frustration. The lips made way for his yell to stay within the room and vibrate the walls, allowing outsiders to raise their own question marks. And as he was foolish and still sleepy, he forgot to lock the door. The action allowed one person to visit him as he lay on the ground, his head in between his arms as he cradled in his emotions.

The idol never interacted with the new member yet. And it could raise awkwardness if he were to intervene. But as a fellow foreigner, seeing doubt come in easily because of the main Korean audience, he knew that he'd need a hyung by him. One that Gray might not have yet seeing as he was so new. So despite the red alarms in his head to not proceed, he spoke. "Man, it's been a while since I've screamed at the floor like face to face. Is it still as cold?"