Canadian In Him

Did the songs reflect what idols feel? Or did they wear the songs and dictate their lives according to their lyrics? Gray soon came to know that in the world of machined songs, they were robots. Amidst million-worth productions, they had to wear price tags.

He came in alone, most of his members in the confines of their dorms or homes. While he, a new boy with a fresh SM identification card, entered the building, coming earlier than the rest. After all, he was not as quick on his feet as them, he'd have to practice earlier to play catch up.

Most of the people before him continued on, like New York city's walks. All busy with life, only expressing annoyance on his stumbles and too-long stands. He felt like a tourist, he was a tourist to Korea as well. Hence his fashion clashing against polished floors, the wide-eyed stares, and hands of no patience. "Hi, do you know where you're going?" The Canadian in him would love to stall and ramble more slangs the Asian country isn't familiar with. But the shy foreigner role he has taken recently just left him gaping at the person who was kind enough to stop.

The leader of one of the top boy bands in Korea, Suho

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The leader of one of the top boy bands in Korea, Suho. He had kind eyes and busy hands, yet had the compassion to stop and help the young boy. "Sorry, not too sure where this room is, I'm new." The language in between his lips rested uneasily, stutters and contradiction resting. And it reminded the leader of a few members, mostly foreign idols who'd stay quiet and behind the scenes. "Come on, I'll bring you."

The silence between them was not asked for. But the young boy couldn't spill any syllables from his teeth. "Are you a debuting idol?" And so the older man does it for him, asking questions with a lulling voice, a siren query. "Yes, at least I hope they aren't taking it back because I've kind of shipped all my essentials here already." But despite the conversation starting with persuasion, he couldn't reply quite the same and ended in mismatched meters and too long words.

The younger boy's heart racked with all the Korean mistakes in his sentence. But in truth, the idol only found him more adorable, quite flustered, still ripe for the public's view. "From?" His eyes told of a guess in his mind, someone the boy resembled quite a bit.

Gray wasn't sure about most things in his life, from the shops he hides his face at like Tim Hortons or his agreeance to leave the YouTube realm and opt for high industrialized entertainment. "CANADA! The land of... the maple?" But one thing's for sure, he was born and raised in Canada. And it was obvious in the land of authentic Korea, but he can't really erase his past so why bother hiding? Although, his scream that garnered the attention of passersby wasn't necessary. "Well then, best of luck to you!"

Good luck from a senior idol should ensure his success, right? "Thanks, man." But instead of falling into the word vomit once more, he went back to his foreign tongue. Only realizing it when he heard loud laughter from the room he was escorted to.

"You're too Canadian, Gray."

"HRVY!"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"HRVY!"

Well, this is Korea, the Kpop scene specifically. And he didn't know how he stumbled upon it. But he did and Korea can't exactly take him back nor erase the Canadian in him. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.