Chapter 13 - Confessions

BONUS EXTRA CHAPTER BECAUSE ITS MY BIRTHDAY! Very long like promised and you'll be getting one tomorrow too because it's a Friday.
Who's da' best?!

"Just get out!" I hear somebody snap, dryly. It's Joshua's voice. When I hear it, I try to open my eyes but I can't. It's like they're glued together. And I don't want to. I don't want to get up.

"But Alpha there's-" I now hear Will's voice before he's cut off.

"Get out." Repeats Josh. I hear the door open and close.

Josh sighs and takes hold of my hand. I feel him then kiss my neck, where my mark is. Words can't explain how sensitive that area of me now is. It's now my soft spot. Whenever he even touches it, it makes my legs go weak.

But my eyes are still closed and I still feel numb. I can't do anything. It's as if I was in a coma.

By the sound of things somebody else walks in. I hear familiar, fast and little footsteps and at that point I know it's Darcy. How much I want to see her right now...

"Why is mummy sleeping?" She asks.

I hear Josh sigh and I think by what I can tell, pick her up.

"Mummy doesn't feel very well." He tells her. The room goes silent for around a minute. Somebody else walks in.

"Joshua, I have her test results." Says a voice I believe belongs to Josh's dad.

I hear Josh stand from his chair.

"It's not good... she's in something like a coma." He says. A coma?

"What?! Why?!" Asks Josh, frantically.

"Her wolf was put through a lot of pain for some reason. It was so much that then Lexie physically couldn't feel it, only her wolf did. That's why she blacked out but now her condition got worse. Her body blocked itself out from the pain in a way so that she survives and doesn't die from it." He explains.

The room is silent again for a few minutes.

"When will she come back to us?" Asks Josh.

"It could be anything from a few hours to a few days." He answers.

Then I don't hear anything. Nobody speaks a thing.

The door opens again and I hear a familiar voice. It's Emily's voice, Lewis' mate. "Darcy? Come here we can go make some cookies?"

"No, I want to stay with mummy!" She insists.

"You can give mummy the cookies you make for when she wakes up?" She asks. Darcy runs out the room, convinced and the door shuts after somebody else walks in.

"What is wrong with her?" Asks Lewis, his voice is strong and angry.

"Lexie is in an early stage of a coma." Says the doctor, Josh's father. I can only imagine the look on Lewis' face.

He touches my forehead, feeling it and then my mark. Surprisingly I feel nothing from it, no electric shocks, no happiness or joy from Lewis touching it. I guess it's just a mate thing.

"You marked her." He whispers, aiming the accusation at my mate.

"Yes." Replies Josh. I only now realise the tired, hoarse voice. How long have I been out for?

"How long has she been out for?" Lewis asks Thomas, Josh's father as if on cue. I feel like kissing him for asking the question for me.

"About twelve hours." Replies Thomas.

I smell Josh's presence near as well as Lewis'.

"What can bring her back?" Asks Josh. He seems so weak, tired and vulnerable again. He doesn't sound like an Alpha at all.