Chapter 17 - Threat

I look at Lewis and his mate, walking into the living room, hand in hand. We explained to Tyler briefly what happened with them and the Bethany thing. Tyler was in shock about both.

I give Lewis a grin as he makes eye contact with me.

Don't you think you can hide what you've been up to. The smell and sound says it all.

He looks at me, smirking at my mind linked message to him and replies.

Likewise.

I bite my bottom lip, at his answer. Me and Josh didn't get to business but I guess his smell would be all over me anyway from what did happen. I turn my attention to my brother who is now also smiling at them.

I decide to stand up and apologise to my best friend's mate. I hold my hand out to shake.

"You don't realise how sorry I am about earlier... I'm pretty emotional today but I promise I'm not usually like this." I say.

Lewis rolls his eyes. "I can confirm. You don't wanna be around her today."

She let's out a small giggle and I join her. "Lexie." I say.

She shakes my hand, bowing her head slightly in respect. "Terry." She answers.

Once again, I smile at her and then sit back down with them.

"This is Tyler, my brother and Josh is my mate." I introduce. She smiles at both of them, even though she obviouslt knows Josh already.

I take that time to figure out whether I can ever trust this girl. She seems young and friendly but she's a witch and the one that made Josh have a somewhat bond to make it look like Bethany was his mate. I try not to jump to conclusions though because I don't know what Bethany did to convince her to do it.

Why are you emotional today? Asks Josh through the mind link. I look at him as he holds onto my hand. I'm so glad to know I can finally have him back. I think I learned I really can't live without him, no matter how hard I try.

You don't have to know just yet, I answer. It looks like curiosity is eating him from the inside but he doesn't mention it after.

Darcy comes in after, hungry which reminds me of the food that was left in the oven that is now burned. Tyler saves the day by his bag of McDonald's that had just enough food so that people wern't hungry.

I introduce Darcy to everyone, or shall I say Josh does. He looks really proud when he's about to call her his daughter, but I stop him remembering we haven't actually told Darcy, instead I told her the opposite.

We pack up our things and I call the land lord saying the deal is off. We all come back to Josh's pack, including Terry. Josh wasn't sure about letting her into the pack but I insisted. This would be the only way Lewis would come and I needed him.

The whole journey consisted of trying to ignore the kissing noises coming from the new pair. Tyler took Darcy in his car under the argument of 'niece bonding'.

I was happy for Lewis. He deserved to finally find his mate and be happy. I can't help the fact there was a part of me that knew I wouldn't have Lewis as a best friend anymore and I missed that already. Terry would get jealous and also Lewis just naturally won't give me any attention anymore since all of it is now focused on his mate.

I place my hand on top of Josh's which is currently resting on his lap as he steers with his other. It's something he did when he was driving on a straight road. He looks at me as I do that and stares into my eyes for a few seconds before looking back at the road. He does wrap his fingers with mine though which relaxes me a lot.