Part : 31

Jungkook stayed over at Haein's parents place for a week. he spent the mornings with them, afternoons and evenings , asking for forgiveness  to Haein and the nights staring at the ceiling, going through everything that has happened in the past few days and then crying himself to sleep.

He had gone through every photo album of haein for the umpteenth time. he used to make fun of his photos whenever the pretty boy would visit him. he helped Haein’s mom do her chores, (except the kitchen part) tried having small conversations with Haein’s father and tried to act as if everything was normal.

But the truth was, nothing  was normal.

he knew that his parents had already left along with his therapist, Haein’s mom had clearly told him so and she didn't even question his sudden appearance, nor the argument with Jimin. When he finally decided to leave the place, he asked her.

"Jungkook, you're just like my second son and I never question my family's presence in their own home. Feel free to stop by anytime you want."

Jungkook left without a word. Probably didn't know how to react.

______

His flight landed last night and he didn't even have the strength to look around the house and went straight to the bed.

And now here he was, drying his bacon and waiting for Taehyung to join him for breakfast. he checked the time and saw that it has been almost an hour.

Where is this guy?

he picked up a few of the boxes and keep it in front of his room's door. he frowned when he saw the door partially open. The elder never leaves the door open he knew that. Should he enter?

It was his house so he can go wherever he wants to go. he chose to go inside the room so he entered the room and stopped.

Oh.

It was empty. The bed  was made neatly, no bags, the curtains are drawn and there was no Taehyung’s stuff. The room had a strange scent though. Mint and sugar, just like the elder smelled whenever he would sit down for breakfast. It seemed like it was rubbed in the walls. The pretty boy frowned again when he saw a note lying on the bed.

Did what you told me to do. Going away from your life.. from you, be happy and don’t produce too much salt from your eyes… you know I hate that ..

                  -Your Taehyung

his grip around the note tightened, almost crushing it. How did he forget this? he did tell him to leave.

his heart faltered a bit as he threw the note on the floor and locked the door for good. he picked up the boxes and placed them back on the table then drowned himself in his pending work, taking small portions of his breakfast and ignoring that nagging feeling in his heart.

"Jimin, get me another coffee."

The intercom buzzed. "sir, it's tylor."

The pretty boy sighed in exhaustion. "Yes. tylor. tylor, get me another coffee."

"Sure sir"

Few minutes later, a boy with short peach hair  entered, holding his coffee. he placed the coffee on the pretty boy’s table and gave him a big smile.

Jungkook gave him a flat look. "What?"

The boy squealed like a some anime character. "I'm sorry, but I'm so honored to work for you. I have seen you in the local news channel and my god! The way you fought for the wang’s property feud was so inspiring and motivating that I spent that night replaying the whole court fight and wow! Your tactics were so amazing! How does it feel to win a big case? You know you are an inspiration to me. You know, when I was a kid I always solved matters between fights of cookies and cakes  between my cousins and now here I am working under the most talented advocate in Inchon! Gosh, I need someone to pinch me so badly."