There's no going back now

You were listening to your favorite podcast while the plane set off, you made sure that you had downloaded enough to last you the whole flight...11 hours... You didn't really mind flying, it was a nice time to relax and for you to just keep to yourself. So while listening to the podcast, you decided to start a crocheting project you had wanted to do for a while now but never had the time, but now seemed to be the perfect time to get it done. You got your red note book out and opened it to the page that was titled 'Flower Bouquet' you had written down the pattern before you left home so you wouldn't need to worry about remembering anything. As you got to work your mind started to wonder back to the recent month and how you ended up where you are now...

Flashback

It was your last day at secondary school and you were happy yet sad. Happy that you could finally leave this hell hole, but you would miss the teachers that you bonded with the most.
You were in your favorite lesson computing (Maths is second best 😜) and the teacher Mr Teasdale walked up to you. Mr Teasdale understood you the most out of all of your teachers, he knew what you struggled with and how he could support you where he could.
"How are you feeling about never seeing my beautiful face again Y/N?"
He said with his usual playful sarcasm
"Well I guess that my eyes won't burn whenever I look at you too long anymore"
You retorted, and he laughed
"God, I am gonna miss this. Shame you didn't stay on for A-Levels"
"Yeah I'm gonna miss this too, but if I didn't want to become a hero I would have stayed"
You said with a sigh. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and gave you a side hug
"I know, but when you become a hero I want a shout out"
He said, but the last bit he said in a sing-song way
"I'll think about it"
You said with a smile. He removed his arm from your shoulder and showed up you a folded up piece of paper.
"Well considering you want to become a hero, you would need a costume right? So I got Mrs Booker up in textiles to help design something for you. Say it is a parting gift"
You unfolded the paper and just like he said there was a drawing of a hero costume just like he said:

(I'll go into detail later on in the story, and sorry it's sideways 😅)But at the top of the paper it says 'Hero Name:'"Have you thought of a hero name Y/N?"He asked"You know what I have and I hope you like it cause I ain't changing it"You replied...

But at the top of the paper it says 'Hero Name:'
"Have you thought of a hero name Y/N?"
He asked
"You know what I have and I hope you like it cause I ain't changing it"
You replied with the usual playful snarkyness you always have. You grab a pen out of your pencil case and in your neatest handwriting you write it down and hand it back to him.
"...Do you like it..."
You say, the nerves creeping in you mind and start thinking of the worst case scenarios like always.
"Christ all mighty Y/N, I would have never thought of that, but now I'm reading it I bloody love it"
He says with a huge smile on his face
"What made you think of this though?"
He questioned
"Well I want to bring up people's spirits when they are stuck in a hard situation, so I thought that it might work"
You replied feeling relieved that he liked it
"Well that makes scene"
He replied. And then the bell went indicating the end of you very last secondary school day.
You packed away your belongings and put them in your backpack, but not before taking something out of it and holding it out in your hands for him to take.
"...I thought that when I do become a hero and start selling merchandise, you could possibly brag that you got something that was from the hero herself..."
You said shyly, thinking that he wouldn't like it or think that it was a stupid idea.
He smiled kindly while taking the item out of your hand. It was a small pin badge with your hero name on it and it was paired with a pale blue crochet scarf with an embroidery writing of the hero name too.
He put the pin on his suit jacket and put the scarf round his neck. Seeing his reaction towards the gifts it made you happy and you smiled widely and did a happy stim, which was usually waving your hands up and down like a bird, but your hands were balled into gentle fists.
"You'll be a great hero Y/N"
He said with a chuckle seeing your reaction
"I'll make you proud"
You said while walking towards the classroom door and opening it but not before looking back and waving before finally walking away leaving the door open behind you.
"...I will always be proud Cloud Nine..."

End of flashback

It made you smile to remember that you knew someone else other that your family and friends that had your back in your choices to become a hero even though you had your mental disabilities.
You found it hard at times to deal with your disabilities at times, like when you couldn't spell simple words in English because of your dyslexia, or when you go to the dining hall at lunch and it was really busy and then you had an autistic meltdown, and when you couldn't sit still the whole day when you forgot to take your ADHD medication that day. Having these disabilities made it hard, but that doesn't mean that you can't do things because of it. People said that you can't become a hero because of them. People said they you wouldn't last a week out in the field. But you are going to prove them wrong. All of them.
You finished the last flower for the bouquet and tied a ribbon around them to secure them in place, but then the air hostess caught your attention and you removed your headphones so she knew you were listening to her.
"Sorry to disturb you miss, but we will be landing shortly and I just wanted to ask you to put your tray table up"
She said with that usual fake arse smile that all of the air hostess have.
"Okay"
You replied bluntly. You were not the best at confrontation and when you usually replied it can come across as rude.
"Thank you"
The air hostess replied in a sarcastic tone then walked off.
'Bitch'
You thought. You still put up the table and packed away all of your crochet equipment and sat their waiting to start your new adventure. But this time you would be by yourself, in a new country, and no one to help you with your needs.
There's no turning back now.

Hello there wonderful people and well done for making it this far, if there are any spelling mistakes in the book feel free to comment and tell me, I need it 😅