Chapter Six - Harlow or Beck?

Rose had forgotten that she had a date tonight. Her date, Alex, arrived shortly after Harlow, whom she was dancing with earlier had stepped away from their embrace.

"Rose?" Alex called out from the loud music. Rose turned around to see the tall blonde woman wearing an excellent black mesh shirt, revealing lingerie underneath. She wore dark leather pants, and the pair of platforms made her look even more taller. Alex was smiling at her apologetically. She was completely oblivious at the tension between Harlow and Rose.

"Alex!" Rose said in complete surprise. She was breathless from dancing, and still confused that Harlow was standing beside her.

"I'm sorry I'm late, can I buy you a drink?"

"Uh." Rose blinked, still processing what just happened. Her face is flushed, and she looked back at Harlow who was scratching the back of her neck. Harlow avoided eye contact and picked up her fluffy pink scarf.

The rest of the bacheloretter party were still going hard. One of them ordered shots and they gathered around Harlow, who willingly drank one. The drunk bride approached Rose. They were so close, almost touching noses.

"You made this night so much fun!" The bride said loudly over the music. This woman had the same green eyes as Harlow's but hers were a darker green. Rose looked back at Alex who pursed her lips. "Come join our party!" The bride continued, now gripping Rose's hand.

"She's with someone, Bea." Harlow said, and pulled the woman off gently. "Sorry, I think she had too much."

"No, it's fine." Rose said chuckling at the bride and the rest of the party who were now scattered around the dance floor.

"Okay Bea, let's go this way." Harlow said, as she stirred the bride towards another bachelorette. Harlow will have to fish them all out from the dance floor. She gave a tight-lipped smile to Rose before walking away with the bride.

"Wait-" Rose started, but stopped herself. What was she going to say? Wow, that was some good dancing earlier, right in front of her supposed date?

"I feel like I interrupted something." Alex said. Rose shook her head no, and forced a smile.

"Nice to finally meet you." Rose said. "I'm Rose." She said and held a hand to shake.

Alex seemed taken aback, but an amused smile played on her lips. "Alex." Alex said, introducing herself.

"Alex, would you like to share a fat pretzel from the bar?" Rose asked, now grinning. Alex actually giggled.

"Sure, if you let me buy you a drink." She said.

"I would like an orange juice." Rose replied.

"You mean a screwdriver?" Alex asked. Together they walked to the bar.

"Screwdriver has vodka in it. I don't drink alcohol." Rose replied. "That's something about myself already. Now your turn." Rose said, wanting to play a get-to-know-you game. They dodged colliding bodies on the way, and Rose almost tripped but Alex caught her arm on time. Rose cleared her throat and stood up properly, felling embarrassed.

"I have good eye-hand coordination." Alex said with a confident grin. Rose couldn't help but roll her eyes at her. She was glad that Alex is what she says she is, so far at least. Rose bought a large pretzel, and Alex bought the drinks. They made their way to a quieter place, a small section of the club where it's just tables and booths.

As promised, Rose offered to share her pretzel and Alex willingly took a bite.

"I saw you dance earlier." Alex said, still chewing.