4.

"my mother is making me go to this stupid event tonight

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"my mother is making me go to this stupid event tonight. honestly, it's just a chance for her to show me off but also degrade me, with stupid passive aggressive comments to her friends, who are pretty much all stuck up rich people, about how lonely i am." i complained sitting on the couch. "how bout i go with you, tonight? you won't be alone and i have nothing to do tonight. plus my media trainer had suggested i attend more banquets. it's a win- win, ma chérie" he said. "ok sounds good. we have to be there by 8 so pick me up like 7:30." he nodded.

"that sounds very boring." pierre said, i glared at him. "thanks pierre, i really had no idea." i smiled sarcastically at him. "happy to help." he said laying down on the couch causing alexandria to slap his feet off. "no shoes on my new couch!"

"wow, you really care about your fancy couch more than me?" "yes. and what about it?"

"nothing just knowing what a woman wants that's all." he said smiling nervously.

--

"mother is a red dress alright for tonight?" i asked my mother through the phone. "no red makes you look too slutty. where something more classy." she said. "alright what about black?" "again too boring you need to be the center of attention tonight." ok. "blue?" "no blue makes you look fat." wow thanks mother.

"ok mother, what colour should i wear that doesn't make me look fat?" i asked her almost sarcastically. "that white dress. you always look so pretty in that." she said i assume trying to compliment me. she failed. "ok i'll see you tonight. so excited." i hung up as soon as i could.

sighing i stood up and picked the white dress off of its hanger, laying it out on my bed. the bad memories behind this dress was basically the reason my mother loved torturing me into wearing it every time. i hated she knew that about me.

i sighed and got ready for the evening. i looked in the mirror at my appearance. "yep, i think it's gonna happen. it's gonna kill me." if you couldn't tell i was not looking forward to this tonight.

my doorbell went and there stood my favourite boy. "hi charles." "hi emilia." charles saw the dress i was wearing then immediately looked at me concerned, he knew about the dress. "your mother?" he asked. "mummy dearest" i confirmed. he brought me into a hug, which i very much needed.

"cmon let's go and burn in hell." "as long as you're there, it can't be hell." "you're so cheesy, leclerc." "you love it" "i do"

--

"emilia! how wonderful to see you." some person i didn't know existed until just then said. "it's great to see you too!" i said faking a smile. i looked over to my mother just to see her looking at me disapprovingly. but she brought me in for a hug, "you've gained weight" she whispered into my ear, so only i could hear. i just pulled away and plastered on a smile, because i didn't want to cause a scene. "it's lovely to see you as well mother."

"ms ferrari." charles greeted my mother. "oh, i see you've brought someone tonight, emilia. formula 1 driver, mr leclerc. it's a pleasure." my mother said holding out her hand for charles to kiss. he did so but only because he knew it would be worse for me. "the pleasure is mine, ms ferrari." "it's wonderful that emilia has finally found someone to love her, all the boys before were always too good for her. it seems you may be heading down that path." my mother said. ok that hurt. "i'm sure not, i am not good enough for your daughter." charles said, going along with the dating thing. "if you say so. personally i doubt it." my mother said.

i turned back to charles. "i need a drink." he nodded and we made our way to the bar. "if you'll excuse us."

the rest of the evening went just like that. my mother making unnecessary comments about me, and me drinking the sorrows away. until it was finally time to go home.

"i was right. that was hell"