Ryueen changed leaders

Day 6 of the year 1 Deserted Island Special Exam

Ryueen and Ibuki stared at the panting Kaneda in disbelief. "You kidding me? They hid that trick in the terms and conditions?"

Kaneda tried to regain his breath and began, "Y-yes, Ryueen-shi. I had little to do but peruse the manual and stumbled upon it. The leaders can changed with sufficient cause. I'm confident that Class B hasn't figured it out though, the manual has been with me all this time and they hadn't read it carefully."

A smirk graced Ryueen's face. "So if some four-eyes in class D figures it out then baldy ends up with 100 points less than expected kukuku"

Then, his eyes narrowed. Kaneda's done his job properly but Ibuki could have slipped up. Those defects were unruly enough to get 0 points and piss off their teacher before we even got off the ship. Katsuragi might write my name down too.

"Nobody looked smart enough for that. Maybe Yukimura? They were still busy fighting over underwear when I left and Horikita looked half-dead. But someone started a fire when I needed to escape. They might have figured out my plan and damaged the camera. And I hid Karuizawa's underwear in a pervert's bag but they didn't find it."

Ibuki furrowed her eyebrows. There were too many revelations and she felt a sense of great unease. Defeating an ill Horikita didn't soothe her pride, rather, it felt cowardly. The weather didn't suit her either.

Ryueen snickered, "Kuku. Good catch, you've proven how useful you both are. So, it could be dumb luck or some hidden genius. Maybe I'll bait those morons at Candyand into writing my name, then make Kaneda the leader."

Kaneda frowned and adjusted his glasses, "They weren't planning on guessing any leaders. They've only used about 60 S-points, too. I don't think they'll risk it".

In the privacy of his mind, Kaneda admired the work ethic and cohesion of Class B. He had witnessed, quite clearly, the difference between a higher class and a lower class. In an ordinary school, those students would shine brightly. 

It was a shame then, that without radical change, Ichinose's class would end up graduating as Class D. 

This school had repeatedly shown itself to punish naivety. His and Ibuki's easy acceptance into the other classes' camps had only made him happier to be placed under a mastermind like Ryueen. And especially not in a tragic circus like Class D.

Ryueen shrugged. Those 50 points from Class D's leader didn't matter that much to him. He had gotten what he wanted already. All this effort was just to show these pathetic 'elites' their place, both the ones inside and outside his class.

"We got what we wanted. Kaneda, I have one more job for you. For now, let Suzune enjoy her natural makeover. We'll hold off on guessing class D's leader and switch to Kaneda tonight. Ibuki, go retire. Or maybe go back and pummel Suzune a bit more, kukuku".

Ibuki simply glared at him and began moving towards the ship. Ryueen began tapping his feet, waiting for Class A's soon-to-be-former leader while guessing how many poisoned berries would do the trick.

______________________

Ichinose stared in disbelief as Satoru Kaneda (she was probably the only one in the school to know his first name) made an unexpected entrance just before the end of the Island Exam

Ichinose stared in disbelief as Satoru Kaneda (she was probably the only one in the school to know his first name) made an unexpected entrance just before the end of the Island Exam. He gave her a sheepish smile and turned his head towards the teachers, ignoring the uproar around him.

Ayanokouji stared at him with mild curiosity. He had forseen this as a possibility as soon as the girl from class B, who looked like Karuizawa but with dark hair and a bright attitude, had arrived to tell them Class C's leader was Ryueen Kakeru.

He had idly considered telling them about Ryueen's tactic in return for upholding the cooperative relationship but he wasn't keen on attracting Ryueen's attention. With his luck he would be lured to a desert in the summer against 30 Class C fighters or something equally ridiculous.

Despite his calm exterior, Tomonari Mashima was eager to wrap up this rather long Special Exam and board the Cruise Ship back to a far more luxurious island. 

So, even though he was internally puzzled at the sudden reversal in Class B's mood at Kaneda's unexpected entrance, he ignored the classes' uproar and began his announcement:

"We will now announce the results of the special exam. Coming in last, is Class B with 90 points."

 Kanzaki simply grit his teeth. He wouldn't make this mistake again. Himeno's eyes widened. She wasn't surprised that the power of friendship lost, but 4th place was still unexpected.

"In third place, we have Class A with 120 points." Angry faces stared at Katsuragi's strict visage.

"In second place, we have Class C with 126 points." A pause. Ryueen grinned viciously from the ship. Not a bad score, and his theory of a hidden gem among the defects was proved correct. He would take great pleasure in dragging that mastermind into the spotlight and then crushing him.

"And first, we have Class D with 175 points!"

Class D broke into joyous celebration. Chabashira smiled in glee, she was satisfied for the time-being while Hoshinomiya's smile twitched. Ayanokoji simply walked towards the ship, because he had known the results already.

That, and because losing unintentionally was simply out of character for him.

_________

A/N: I got bored of Ryueen getting 0 points in every fic's Island Exam because of Ayanokoji's superior Reading Comprehension abilities. Especially after hatching such a brilliant scheme that, without interference, would have dominated all 3 classes while giving 37 classmates a proper vacation.

This was an experiment in Third Person writing. It's interesting but since the source material is First Person, most chapters from now on will follow Ayanokoji's POV.

Calculations:

A - 120 points +270 Start
-50 Class D leader incorrect
-50 leader guessed by Class D
-50 leader guessed by Class C
+50 Class B leader correct
-50 Spot Misuse 

B - 90 points +240 Start
-50 leader guessed by Class A
-50 leader guessed by Class C
-50 Class C leader incorrect

C - 126 points+0 Start
+50 Class A leader correct
+50 Class B leader correct
+26 Spot occupation

D - 175 points +225 Canon
-50 points for not guessing class C