Average Student vs Class A (1/?)

The entrance ceremony for the elementary, middle, and high school marks the start of a major trial for students. For the first few days after the entrance ceremony, students must make friends in order to enjoy the rest of their school life. 

If someone fails at this task, they are outcasted as 'loners' and their quality of life reduces significantly. I had to practise because this is a completely different environment and I was all alone. I resolved myself to change that with a spectacular introduction.

As it turns out, I didn't need to do anything. Except ignoring the obsessive staring of the lilac haired girl to my right, that is. 

Perhaps I was handsome? That wouldn't be too bad actually, I could already see visions of my future popularity: rejecting girls every few minutes, putting my phone on silent because of the repeated pings of images sent on DMs, maintaining a schedule because my mind couldn't keep up with the timings of dates, and finding excuses to avoid overly affectionate teachers.

Our homeroom teacher, Mashima-sensei, interrupted my thoughts with his rehearsed speech. "I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

"Fufu."

"Do you wish to say something, Sakayanagi-san?" So the petite girl's name was Sakayanagi.

 What was more interesting was that our teacher could already match our names to our faces. From the literature I had absorbed, this wasn't common. The student being misnamed repeatedly by his teachers was a running gag in some novels. The cameras, the S-system, the 100,000 yen and now this.

I could feel my peaceful life slipping away slowly.

"You said anything, correct Sensei?" Huh? She was quite observant, keeping her ears open even while her stare had not moved from my face. Not even while speaking to our teacher. People had noticed and began muttering.

"That's what I said, yes."

"How many private points would I need to see the entrance exam papers of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?"

I could feel my peaceful life slipping away quickly.

This wasn't according to plan. Did she read that from my nameplate? We were supposed to introduce each other and I was supposed to end mine with a smile and instantly capture all their hear-

"5000 private points."

"Done." 

"I just got average scores, really. There's no need to check."

She simply smiled smugly at me, offered her card to our teacher, who made the transaction and nodded at her.

"This batch is certainly interesting" he said to himself absentmindedly. "Wait here, I'll be back in about 5 minutes." He left promptly. 

The teachers have access to entrance exam papers?  Well, I didn't really have a choice with my scores; I needed to attract attention to get entry. I didn't see any of this coming. What an odd school. I hadn't seen any rumors about these oddities online. How could the government have possibly prevented leaks on the internet?

The crippled girl had proven to be intelligent. I didn't believe she was lovestruck for a second. The smirk on her face made it clear she expected something interesting. 

How did she know me? A daughter of an investor, maybe one of the attendees at New York? Her memory could be sharp; disabled people often had sharper senses to compensate. This wasn't good. Especially if she going to drag me into the spotlight this blatantly.