Average student vs Class A (2/?)

"G̶o̶o̶d̶ m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶, Y̶a̶m̶a̶u̶c̶h̶i̶!̶" 
"G̶o̶o̶d̶ m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶, I̶k̶e̶!̶"
Oops, wrong class.

The day of the introductions, the class had divided itself into two factions: one headed by Sakayanagi and one by Katsuragi. While I was loosely affiliated with Sakayanagi, I haven't formally joined any faction. And Sakay - Arisu, as she always reminded me - never asked.

Katsuragi tried, though. Multiple times. 

His own faction had 23 out of 40 students, which was rather impressive considering he hadn't yet shown anything except his charisma, while Sakayanagi's faction had investigated the S-system thoroughly and presented us with many likely-to-be-true theories. 

However, I was totally fine on the sidelines. Participating in class activities was an obligation, but fighting between factions? Pass.

The mention of a class hierarchy and the likelihood of every other class vying for our position made it clear that we mostly should not expect great inter-class relations. I was glad, because I didn't feel up to the task of approaching strangers from other classes. My social skills were simply not good enough; I really couldn't keep a conversation going.

Hashimoto could probably introduce me to all the potentially important figures in our year, but I was fine with whatever relations I had built here. I didn't want to be too associated with him, either. It was likely he'd report back everything to his princess.

Now, for the first time since that day, our class felt united once more.

"This pool is insane!"

"Apparently it's temperature regulated."

"I'm so glad I came to this school!"

This changed atmosphere was cheerful and infectious, in total contrast to the internal cold war of the last few days. Even I was starting to feel the slightest bit excited.

As we headed to the changing rooms, I caught some whispers about seeing Nishikawa Ryouko in a swimsuit. I couldn't exactly fault them, part of me was looking forward to it too. A wave in my peripheral vision caught my eye. I looked to see Sak - Arisu in the gallery sitting next to Kamuro, who was her... I didn't know how to describe her.

Bodyguard? Personal assistant? Slave? Whenever I ask her, she just says, "Masumi-san is my second dearest friend. After you, of course, fufu."

She had basically become a replacement for her limbs after we saw her shoplift a can of beer from the convenience store on our way there. It was impressive how quickly she adapted to the phone's recording system. She recorded another scuffle later between a red haired boy and three seniors and sent it to me 'just in case'.

I felt bad because the boy had been extorted rather harshly after having, in his own words, run to the dorms and back to the store, just to be provoked into violence in front of a camera. 

However, I didn't feel like searching through the all 2nd and 3rd years to find the culprits, nor did I want to submit this to school and risk getting targeted by their leader, if they had one.

The first day had already drawn too much attention to me. I really didn't want any more.

I shook my head, waved back to Arisu and proceeded inside. My eyes widened slightly when I saw them just take off their shirts like it was par for the course.

Satonaka, our resident ikemen with visible muscles in a swimmer's build, winked when he noticed me observing his body. "Don't worry 'bout it, dude. You were probably studying quantum physics while us toddlers were playing around in the pool."