Average student vs Class A(4/?) Trial (1/2)

Before the trial, I decided to drop my bag and freshen up in my room. As soon as I entered the elevator in my dorm building, I was treated to a surprising sight.

 As soon as I entered the elevator in my dorm building, I was treated to a surprising sight

"You're Koenji, right? I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." I decided to practice the social skills I had been working on for the past few weeks.

"Elevator-boy, I shall request the top floor." Top floor? Isn't that reserved for the girls? Does he even plan to attend the trial? Apparently, he was too engrossed in combing his hair and checking his reflection in his mirror to hear my introduction. I felt slightly annoyed and since I had plenty of time, I silently refused and stared at him.

10 seconds.

20 seconds.

30 seconds.

The elevator didn't move at all. I really hope a student doesn't walk in, see two guys in a static elevator and assume something scandalous. On second thought, I think I'm safe. Koenji has gained a reputation of hanging out exclusively with third-year and occasionally second-year girls.

Finally, he looked at his mirror like a proud father and put it into his pocket along with his comb. Then he turned to face me.

"I sincerely apologize, Ayanokouji-boy."

Huh, I didn't see this coming. His body language speaks of absolute sincerity. Maybe he isn't as narcis-

"Apologize for making you fall for my beauty, hahaha." He threw his head back and laughed obnoxiously.

I sighed. "Are you attending the trial?"

"Quite desperate to see me, aren't you? I don't blame you; I always feel the urge to see myself as well! I simply intend to brighten up the day of one of my admirers before visiting the circus." He smiled widely. Also, circus? So, even somebody as detached from matters concerning our year as him knows what likely happened.

"You may be from Class D but I've heard you don't care about it at all. From your demeanor, I don't think you want to join the Student Council either. Why 'visit the circus'? The other people in attendance are Class Leaders invited by the President, you know."

"Leaders, you say? Bah, explain to me first what the little girl's boyfriend is invited for, then?"

What? Little girl's boyfriend? "You're talking about me?"

I had been testing whether he was kept in the dark by the President about Ichinose's presence. Since he didn't mention her at all, there was a possibility that the hint about the Vice-President had been for my ears alone.

"Indeed, though I suppose you don't find that very appellation very appealing! You've done well to impress me thus far, Ayanokouji-boy." He moved in my direction with inhuman speed and patted my shoulder firmly.