The Chronicles of Shaan - Cycle

Cycle

Shaan stood before the gates of heaven, head bowed slightly, not daring to gaze in. He watched as people came to the gates, saw them slowly open for admittance and then close again and knew that he was cursed to never enter. The price had seemed fare at the time but through the centuries that had followed he had come to realize that he had been betrayed.

The people passing must have wondered why someone should be standing in such a place but none of them stopped to ask.

Shaan remembered all too well that his pride had brought down an entire race and how he had fought to avenge these people. Betrayal at every turn had led to his present situation or, had it been his lack of vision? Surely this could not be true?

He had fought wars throughout the many centuries in a vain attempt to bring peace and then changed direction and tried to educate the few who would listen and still there seemed to be no hope in sight.

------------------------------------------

Tia stood in the rippling water, the freshly risen sun warming her body as she bathed. She thought she had heard a man's voice and shielded her eyes as she peered out into the near distance. No, it had been just her imagination.

Cupping her hands, she splashed cool water over her face. The droplets running down her neck and over the curves of her body made the flesh tingle and come alive. If every day could feel like this, the way they had done when....

A sudden sense of loneliness came over her and she waded through the waist high water back to the shore, falling to her knees by the pile of clothes.

Where was Shaan when she needed him most?

Tia had been in a local town when she had first met Shaan. A strange man, she had thought at the time. Not one that you could easily classify, he seemed unlike any she had met before. This was not to say he was unusually handsome or particularly well dressed, but something in the way he carried himself caught her interest. She felt as though she had met him somewhere but could not place recall where.

Tia skirted around the outside of the room, wishing to see more of this stranger and yet not wanting direct contact. She watched the way he moved, the angle he held his head as he talked and listened to the sound of his voice. She had never heard the accent before and it was evident he was not from these parts.

Shaan felt the piercing eyes and looked up. A short distance away, back to the wall, was a woman. She stared at him with large brown eyes. It was as though she were trying to see inside him, see who he really was. Shaan had not let anyone do this in a long time and he was not about to do so now.

The woman approached, curiosity in her eyes. For a long time she didn't speak, just gazed up into his eyes, seeking his inner most secrets.

"I am Tia", she spoke softly, enticing him with her eyes and voice, "and you are?"

"I am", he paused not sure what it was he wanted to say, "Shaan".

He had wanted to give a different reply, something witty or with innuendo but the words failed him.

Tia realized that throughout the whole conversation she had found out almost nothing about Shaan and yet in return he had gained much knowledge about her through subtle questions and seemingly mindless chat. She sipped at her drink and wondered how they had come to be at this particular bar. No matter, she had no regrets.

Shaan looked deep into Tia's eyes, drawn to them like a moth to a flame.

"Where do we go from here?"

Tia shook her head "I have no idea".

Their hands snaked across the table, at once entwining and squeezing hard.

Tears in Tia's eyes reminded her of where she was and she quickly pulled on her clothes and rising to her feet she set off into the woodland and away from the beach. The sun was up now and she cursed herself for allowing the tears. She never cried and was ashamed and yet how could she not. Shaan had gone and after all these years she was truly alone. Before Shaan she had never needed anyone, being a loner and more than able to take care of herself and yet now there was a void, something eating at her soul. She had lost friends and family before but this was so different. Shaan had told her once how he was cursed and that if anything came between them then he would wait for her at the gates of heaven. It had been a strange thing for Shaan to say as he had always indicated that he did not believe in such things but somehow Tia knew he would be there when the time came.

She could have easily joined him if she had been brave enough, but at the back of her mind she knew that it would only be for a moment and then the gates would open and she would have to walk through and that would be the end and she did not wish for an end. She would rather live in pain with the memories of good times than to die and forget. Tia recalled the first time they had made love, although they didn't know it was love at the time (or maybe they did but would not admit it to themselves).

Shaan saw the figure approaching the door long before the knock; pulling back the catch he swung it wide. There were no words spoken as the two fell into each other's arms. Shaan lifted Tia up and span her around walking her backwards into the bookcase. Her legs now swung up and gripped around his waist as their lips pressed hard together. Shaan's hand moved down and under supporting her weight and his fingers played and moved backwards and forwards.

Tia's hands ripped at his shirt, pulling at it as he, in turn, tugged at her belt. Pulling down, now both pants and underclothes were removed.

Shaan once again lifted Tia and this time carried her to the bedroom, laying her down he removed his clothes hastily. His hands caressed the softness of her thighs as they moved slowly upwards reaching a certain point that made her sigh heavily. Fingers moved softly at first and then harder, working at just the right pace and pressure to achieve the desired effect. Tia's legs parted wide and Shaan knelt between them and with one movement they were joined. Her legs now tightened around Shaan's waist preventing him from withdrawing (had he wanted too) and she controlled the pace at which he moved, pulling him backwards and forwards with her thighs. Unbuttoning her top, Shaan leant forwards and circled her nipples with his tongue before taking first one and then the other inside his warm mouth and sucking hard. Tia's head rolled back and Shaan could see that she was near to climax, pushing harder and faster now, his hands now under her, he pulled her onto him and thrust deeper. As one they breathed in, and then outwards, their breath mingled for what seemed like an age as they both reached the same point at exactly the same time, eyes staring into eyes, souls mingling. From this moment on they would never be separated except by death.

------------------------------------------

Shaan waited, as he would do for many years, never moving from his spot at the gates. He would get one more look at Tia, one more memory to take with him on his journey though eternity.