𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

🛡️

🛡️

Ada failed to sleep the following night, the previous events replaying repeatedly in her head. She raised herself up, huffing away the loose strands of hair that framed her face. She pushed the covers off herself as she slipped into her slippers and parted from her bed.

She needed to get some fresh air, so she decided to carefully wander around the castle, until she could hopefully find a way outside without making her presence known to the guards.

Ada managed to dodge and flee from every guard she came across and not so long later she at last made it outside in one piece.

She paused for a moment as the snow glided gently, gracefully caressing her numb cheeks. Ada drew a sharp breath, the clear air dehydrating and overwhelming her senses.

The isolation of the vast wilderness cautioned her especially since she could just about squint and see the surrounding white. Snow was here and there, far and wide and high and low. The whiteness clean, pure and seemingly innocent.

Ada was delighted to make her mark on the untouched carpet of snow beneath her feet. For as far as she could see, the colour palette composed hues of greys, greens and levels of white. The forest sounds were distinctive and they echoed rhythmically around her.

In an instant she was interrupted from her clouded mind by the sorrowful sounds of quiet sobs causing her ears to perk up painfully.

She cautiously approached the sounds and it lead her to where Ramsay kept his infamous, viscous hounds.

The girl ever so slightly tip toed past the sleeping beasts. Casual grunts leaving their drooling mouths.

Eventually she arrived to the end of the cages and stumbled upon a worried looking Theon who was backing further into the corner, whimpering quietly.

He probably assumed she was Ramsay but fortunately for him she wasn't.

Theon looked almost relived to see it was Ada rather his his personal monster who took more of his sanity every-time a new day blossomed but he was still anxious, not knowing the girl's true intentions.

She was different than he remembered, he knew she wouldn't be as soft as she once was, she'd been broken more times than her or Theon could count, no one is the same after that. Her eyes no longer held the warm and welcoming embrace they used to but he couldn't blame her, his eyes had lost all humanity a long time ago.

"You can't be here." He whispered, trying to smother his sobs.

"I couldn't sleep and then I heard you." She sighed sadly. She hated seeing him like this, being cooped up like he was just another hound. It was inhumane.