Chapter Sixteen, Commitment

Ding, the elevator went off saying that it's on the fortieth floor. The doors open and I see Mishka. Mishka Black is thirty years old and is married to Ivan Black. They both have one son named Igor, who is a four year old toddler. Mishka was wearing a navy blouse with a black jacket suit and some black dress pants. "I like your outfit, Mishka." I bursted into a hug.

      We pulled out and started walking towards the conference room. "So, I heard you made a scene in the lobby." Mishka gave me a smile and glare with that comment.

      "Hey, how is that my fault?" I shrug my shoulders with a cheeky smile.

      "Ok, you get this one." She pointed her finger at me and then looked at my shoes. "So, It looks like you need to use my flats."

      "Ho-w..." I stuttered and shrugged my shoulders. The stutter was not in fear but in how.

      "You're wearing muddy slash torn up flats." She cut me off while pointing to my shoes.

      "I got lost in the woods." I admitted as I scratched my head and then Mishka slapped my hand.

      "What was that for?" I wined at her with my grumpy face. Only my inner group can do stuff like that and get away. The incident with Houston was in front of people so I gave him a light punishment.

      "No picking your head, Elma." Mishka gave me a stern look just like Papa gives me. When I do things like that.

      "Fine!" We kept walking down the hallway, turning left then right.

      Mishka stopped in front of a very dark brown door. The sign said conference room S-1. The S stands for secure and the one is obviously, room one. There are two different types of rooms: secure and minimum. "Elma, my office is just down the hallway to the right and just before you enter my office. You should see my assistant Sophia's office. Just ask her where the shoes are." Mishka points down the hallway. Just recently Mishka got a new assistant and of course for security reasons Sophia is from The Rose Dragons.

      "Ok, thank you for what you have done today." I waved my hand as I walked to her assistant's office. Turning to the right, I saw a woman about twenties to thirty in the next office over to Mishka's. Looking at the nameplate next to the door. It reads 'Mrs. Blacks assistant,' and under that It says, 'Ms. Cox.' "Excuse me, are you Mishka's assistant?" I asked while standing in the doorway.

      "Yes, I am." Ms. Cox looked up from her papers. She was wearing a creamy blouse and a straight light brown skirt lower than her knees.

      Looking into her hazel eyes and dark brown hair. "Mishka told me that you could show me where she keeps her flats." Then she got up from her desk.

      "So, what happened?" She started to walk towards me.

      I turned around and walked behind her to Mishka's office. "I got lost in the woods and destroyed my flats in the process." I specified to Ms. Cox as I showed her my ripped and destroyed black flats. Mishka's office has a desk in the right corner facing sideways with two comfy chairs in front. Looking to the right wall there was a gray couch, a dark brown coffee table, and a comfy leaning chair.

      "You really did a number on those." Ms. Cox commented as I took them off. I look behind me and see her at another door behind the main door. It was on the right wall if you face the direction of the door inside.

      "Ya! I guess I did." I scratched my cheek as she came back with Mishka's black flats.

      "Here this should help your feet from moving too much in the flats." She gave me a box of tissues to stuff the shoes.