Ch. 3

█████████████

𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢³

█████████████

The message did not linger long enough for me to organize my thoughts.

『Judgment can be used limitedly.』

"If my opponent is equal or lesser than me, I could confirm their power level," I tell myself, "Hey! Wait! What are you?"

But the voice didn't answer me. It went on with its announcements, as though it did not hear me.

『Third Eye can be used very limitedly.』

『Vision is improved.』

『Third Ear can be used very limitedly.』

『Hearing is improved.』

"What is this..." was all I could say as the weight of all these manages to pile up into one big confusion.

Even long after I received the last message, the words still lingered in my mind. I still could not wrap my head around everything that has happened so far in such little time. But using the actual skills I unlocked wasn't very difficult.

"In... sounds... words... I can't go in?"

"... I don't know his personality... I went... I can't be safe..."

Though not as clear and perfect as my original ability, Third Ears still improved my hearing enough to catch the ladies' faint whispers outside my room. Third Eyes also allowed me to see the world in sharper details than most human eyes.

"Haha!" Excitement replaced confusion as new possibilities opened for me now that I have reacquired some of my powers.

"... That ... Ugh, loss..."

"... Until irresponsible ... People who suffered ... He can't sleep ...?"

"... I don't know about it ... Ground... bottle... Many people ..."

"Ugh", I suddenly felt exhausted after using Third Ear to listen to the ladies talking outside my door. I grabbed my head to soothe the pain that came with exhaustion.

『All of the mana in the body has been exhausted. The use of power has been forcibly stopped.』

The dream-like voice appeared again and informed me of my condition. Only then did I understand what "can be used very limitedly" meant. This limit is such a foreign experience to me after all the centuries I spent as a sword with near limitless power. My current ability to recognize my immediate surroundings is a far cry from my former ability to overhear sounds and see objects from a far distance with precise details.

First, I have to grow a mana vessel if I want to reclaim the full glory of my powers. Considering the abilities I unlocked after making a mana heart, I'm sure increasing the amount of mana in this body would result in more of my powers returning to me.

I was just about ready to restart the process of accumulating mana when a grumbling sound from my stomach broke my focus. I have nearly forgotten that human bodies consume energy in a way swords don't. Perhaps the creation of the mana heart drained this body, and now it requires more food to replenish its strength.

Unable to bear the hunger any further, I called in the servant.

"Your Highness?" asked the servant.

"I'm hungry." A short declaration of an order to bring me food.