Ch. 14 - 16

█████████████

Not all of them disappeared¹

█████████████

A maid handed me a golden envelope.

“Dear Adrian Leonberger, First Prince.

Last spring, I had to doubt my ears because of the news about Your Highness’ unfortunate accident. To Your Highness, who was so brave and strong… (sycophantic words)”

I turned the pages over quickly.

“There were days spent in mystery until I hear of the news that Your Highness’ body has been restored to a point where he can go out of the palace once more; I sent a letter with an excited heart…”

I ignored the useless phrases.

“We prepared a small gathering to celebrate the health of Your Highness, with the members of the Social Club for Special Noblemen. Please come and grace the meeting with your presence…”

If you summarize the content of the invitation, which was pounded with useless sentences, it was simply:

“Let’s meet in celebration of your recovery.”

An unexpected invitation. I asked the maid about the Social Club for Special Noblemen.

The maid struggled. “It is a social gathering where Your Highness was a member.”

I furrowed my brow. “Is it a strange group?”

The maid answered my question with a grim face.

“For the girls, the customs of the Noblemen’s Club are incomprehensible…”

I could tell it was more than just having something to eat or drink.

I was busy practicing and didn’t intend to attend such a futile meeting. I won’t come, I decided.

However, I glanced at the letter’s sender’s name-

“The wise, valiant, thoughtful Prince Adrian’s eternal friend, Bernardo of the Eli Family.”

“Eli?”

“Lord Bernardo Eli is the chairman of the Social Club,” the maid said.

Eli.

It was a name etched in my memory.

[A hundred years ago, the man who had been insisting on mana hearts, Count Eli, died. Since then, mana hearts became a low-end tool for mercenaries.]

On the day we talked about mana hearts, Count Eli was among the names Uncle mentioned.

“What will you do, Your Highness? If you would like to attend, I will make preparations; if you do not want to attend, I will send them communication,” the maid asked with a pensive expression.

“I will attend…”

“I understand,” the maid’s face became noticeably darker. “I will make preparations.”