Sixteen

I couldn't stop myself from chewing all the skin from my lips in anticipation of what horrors I was soon approaching. They burned, and it hurt like fucking hell, and still, my teeth continued to peel all the skin from them until they bled and filled my tongue with the familiar taste of iron. Flashbacks of each time Graham left me with this taste replayed in my head like a scene from my PTSD, but I tried shutting them out and focusing on the present.

Fear pulsed through my veins like an electric charge as I worried about my favorite boy in the whole entire world. My best friend. The one that I felt guilt over because he was putting himself through this torture to prevent me from doing it all myself.

I didn't deserve to get such nice treatment. I deserved to be the one suffering because it was all I had ever known anyway. What would a little more pain have been for me? Nothing. Pain for Blaise was excruciating because he didn't have such a high tolerance due to lack of exposure.

My stomach hurt because the blonde boy that had been so close to me just a few minutes prior now walked ahead of me with the brunette that had interrupted us, and he pretended nothing had happened. Theo had come into the scenario and prevented a moment that I know was happening. It wasn't a trick from my mind like I typically got when I thought of kissing his soft and perfectly arched lips. This was real.

I guess I just needed to pretend it wasn't going to happen like he seemed to be doing. I knew I couldn't go through with another moment like that anyway because I had Graham— who loves me and takes care of me. My brain has been deceiving me recently. Trying to convince me that something with Malfoy would feel good.

As if that were really possible. Nothing good comes out of that horrible git.

But the way his ring covered fingers were glistening in the torch light of the corridor as he walked with such a swagger that he looked untouchable— it made me realize why he was so highly praised in the eyes of the Dark ones. How he readjusted his robes that he had put back on when we left my dorm— an outfit that I never thought looked sexy on anyone else, but fuck me, did he look like they were made of the finest silks his daddy's money could buy him. The sharpened contours of his chiseled face when he would look to the side when Theo would speak to him— it made me drift my eyes south to imagine how chiseled the rest of his athletic build looked beneath his school uniform.

How could someone so beautiful be such a dangerous, foul being? He was the perfect definition of a demon. Alluring and beautiful to drag you in to his temptations, knowing what he is going to make you do was wrong, but his charming good looks feel rewarding in the outcome. The sins he has his victims commit are justifiable when they come with a hefty win.

What a beautiful devil you are, Draco Malfoy.

Theo pushed the wooden door to Blaise's dorm room open, and Draco hesitated for a moment. I knew it couldn't have been for himself because he witnessed thin gas worse than this in his free time. He caused pains worse than this himself. He was stopping in his tracks for me. He stuck his arm out and blocked me from entering after him, making my brows knit together and my lips frown with the controlling gesture.

"He's going to be really sick when we go in here." He warned me in a soft voice. It was a tone I wasn't used to hearing from him, and the seriousness of it made my blood churn under my already hot skin. The adrenaline crushing my chest felt like it would never end. My innocent green eyes stared up at him while he avoided looking at my face, as if it was against his morals to stare at me. The stiff arm blocking me slipped back down to his side while the door finally clicked shut in front of our faces, leaving us alone in the corridor.

"How sick?" I mumbled. Draco's face was emotionless. My fear was starting to consume me whole. "What does that mean, Draco?" My timid voice shook as my fear slipped out of my throat and made itself known.