Twenty-Six

Tundra took off in a sprint to safety when we landed against cold marble floors. It was dark, and the house was freezing, but I recognized this foyer anywhere.

Malfoy Manor.

"What the fuck!" I shouted, looking down at the coin he had slipped me at some point during my embrace around him and throwing it as hard as I could across the room. I listened as it clang against the wall and rolled on the floor before I pushed my hair back and screamed again.

"FUCK!" I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, cry like an idiot for believing he would go with me, and to top it all, worry crept into all the holes in my chest as I slowly realized that all of them were fighting a battle they could easily lose while I was stuck far away from Hogwarts.

"Rainbow," Narcissa's soft voice greeted from the top of the stairs. She looked shocked, but unsurprised. Her hair was rolled up to sleep in and her sleep robes dragged the floor as she rushed down to meet me. "It's okay. Why don't you-"

"He lied to me!" I shouted at her. It wasn't her fault, but she held so many of the same genes as him that I couldn't help my anger. "Draco's a fucking liar! Why are they doing this? What was the point of fighting at school? Everything was fine!" I shouted, still sitting in my wet cloak on the floor.

"Sweetheart, you're shivering. Let's get you a shower and some tea— I'll tell you everything I know-"

"I thought he'd come with me." I sobbed. He was just like everyone else. "I feel so stupid— I wouldn't have left if I'd known they would all stay and fight!" I looked up at her. I felt so lost.

"Draco?" She questioned with a pinched expression. She took my sobs as answer enough before she rubbed my shoulder. "He always does what he has to do to get things to-"

"I just wanted him to come with me." I broke. More than I imagined I would. Something in my chest fizzled, cracked, and broke. "I need him to make me better." I sucked in a labored breath. "He said he'd help me- he'd make- he said he'd help-"

This was how the panic attacks always start. My breathing falls short, my hands start to tremble, and it all turns cold until it's all dark and the thoughts take control.

And just like at the beginning of the week, Draco wasn't here. He'd never be here. Not really.

I was an idiot.

"Just lay down for me, love. I'll get you a potion. It'll be fine." She eased me towards the floor where Tundra reappeared and sat next to my head. Her big eyes were sad as she looked down at me in a state she was so used to, and I couldn't remember the last time I had cried so hard that it hurt everything inside of me.

If my fingers weren't so numb, I'd grab her fur by the fistful just to remind myself of the only living thing that's ever cared for me.

"He would make- it better-" I told Tundra weakly before the potions with a bitter taste touched my tongue and rocked me into sleep.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"She's been asleep for a while. Almost an entire day. I fear I gave her too much."

"She doesn't sleep much as it is. She doesn't usually have a lot of energy. She probably needed it more than you or I could imagine."

I shifted in my sleep with a groan and the mattress dipped in next to me.

"Hey, Princess. Are you awake?"

"Hhmmmph." I lolled my head the other way and crinkled my nose as I cracked my legs with a stretch.