Crossing Wild Waters

Time passes ever so slowly, but at the same time quickly.

Yuri and Astral faced off against a cat fanatic named Cathy who just wanted to be Yuri's friend and the latter accepted after their duel.

Right now, we find ourselves within the mysterious realm of Yuri's key pendant, as Astral discovers another golden gear part that held a green-glowing dormant numeral representing one of the few XYZ Number Monsters in his possession, this time being 83 for Galaxy Queen...

Holding out his palm, he brandishes a smaller version of the symbol and activates that section to begin moving.

"This gear seems to move every time I gather another one of the missing Number Cards...But why? Could it have something to do with my memory loss? Could solving this puzzle, also solve the mystery behind my amnesia?...And what does Athena have to do with it all? Why is this apparatus inside her key? And despite Yuri already found so many Number cards, a majority of them won't offer my memories. Are they waiting for me to find more Number cards? Or are they waiting for something else?"

...Meanwhile, back out in the real world of Heartland City, we catch up with the red-eyed girl. Currently, she was waiting at the crosswalk as she headed for school.

"Glad they made a shortcut to school here."

She looks up just as the crosswalk light shifts to green, and grins slightly before saying to herself,

"Alright, off we go."

...But just as Yuri starts to walk across the striped part of the road:

(Vrrrooooom)

A motor engine sounds from her left side, and she turns with wide eyes at the sight of an incoming duel runner!

"Ah!"

She tumbles into a somersault out of the way to the other side in the nick of time, while the rider swerves into a screeching halt in the middle of the road past the crosswalk...

Yuri scrambled back up on her feet with a growl before calling out the motorist on their reckless driving.

"The hell's wrong with you?! I had right of wa-Huh?"

She stops herself dead when her red irises lock with a very familiar cobalt blue...

"Shark..."

...Haven't seem him since our duel. Where's he been?

The boy with blue-violet hair didn't utter a word, instead kicking the engine of his cycle to life again and speeding off, leaving the girl to watch his form disappear.

"...Hm, come to think of it, I haven't caught his form in the school halls since our duel...Is he skipping?"
------------

Soon, she would arrive at the Heartland Dueling Academy, and enter the classroom for the first lecture of the day.

"Hey, what's up, people?"

"Alot, actually." Caswell said.

"Huh?"

She raises a brow at the addressing Caswell, who steps up to her form and reaches to dislodge her duel monster deck from its holder to look at.

"Oi!"

He ignores her protest and peers over the cards with Tori and Bronk looking over his shoulders.

"Hm...May I ask why those Number Cards aren't in your deck right now?"

"That's cause Astral's not around out here at the moment."

Tori smiles a bit in thought:

"That's right. The cards are a part of Astral's existence and memory."