07 | movie nights with you (again)

lorelai gilmore skipped across stars hollow once again, the smell of coffee roaming in the air. she knew where she was headed and everybody else did too. with one hand carrying numerous shopping bags, and another hand on her stomach, she followed the direction of the coffee until it was as strong as could be. clearly, at the end of the trail, she opened the door to luke's diner.

"bonjour, monsieur." she said in an accent that mimicked catherine deneuve. luke set his customers' plates on their table before he went over to give her quick kiss on the lips.

"hi to you too, catherine deneuve." he replied in his usual grumpy voice. her jaw dropped to the floor and narrowed her eyes.

"how in the world did you know i was thinking of catherine deneuve?" lorelai sat down in an empty seat by the counter and put her bags on the floor beneath it.

luke walked over to the other side of the counter and began to wipe it clean with the rag that used to be over his shoulder.

"maybe because we watched three movies last night, two of which had catherine deneuve in it and the other one with harrison ford. now i could've said harrison ford, but if you didn't know, he has an american accent."

she made a pouty face. "you know me too well it's not fun anymore."

luke just sighed and continued to wipe the counter clean.

"what are in those bag?" he asked, keeping the conversation going. she looked up the the ceiling with a mischievous grin and picked the bags up afterwards.

"oh, i'm so glad you asked." lorelai said, putting a bag on the seat next to her and pulling out a few things that she placed on her lap.

"okay, so we have six options to choose from." she began.

"more movies?" luke gave her a glare.

"hey! just listen to me for a second, okay? anyway, we have six options to choose from." lorelai tried again.

"oh my God." luke palmed his face.

lorelai giggled excitedly.

"number one, we have the famous boys and girls. rory loves that one, but i don't know if you will. so moving forward to option number two, we have..." she dramatically paused and showed him the second movie.

"25th hour! which we've watched before, but i figured we loved it so much last time that we were dying to see it again. if, however, that is not the case, and we weren't dying to see this amazing movie for the second time together, i got..."

she revealed another one and showed it to him. "the bodyguard. because i know damn well you are in love with whitney houston and if you aren't, then i know damn well you're gonna love her after this movie!" he stared at the movies, deciding which one he wanted to watch, when lorelai was about to show him another movie to watch.

"okay, okay, put it down, lorelai. that's enough." he spoke, putting the movie that was in her hands down while she crossed her arms.

"hey, that is not fair. i'm carrying your child, here, luke. doesn't that mean i get to do whatever i want to do and you have to listen to everything i say?" luke picked up the copy of the bodyguard and put it up to her face to show her. she gave him a large smile and took the film in his hand.

"we'll watch the bodyguard tonight and we can do it your way." he answered, looking at her sincerely like it was a promise he wasn't going to break.

"by that you mean-"

"yes. eating all the mallomars, red vines, popcorn, whatever, in sight." lorelai put her elbow on the counter and let her chin rest on her hand. the smile on her face never went away.