── permanently forever

"i don't have many people who are in my life permanently, forever." - lorelai gilmore

"but there is no one who will be more here for you than me." - luke danes

⋆✩⋆

───── ⋆eight months later⋆ ─────

lorelai gilmore wore that pastel pink night gown she only wore a few times before—the same one from her dream a few years ago. it had thin straps and the fabric around the top had extra pieces around the edges that reminded her of pretty flowers.

she remembered the dream to be something she would think about often. before she and luke were together. before she knew she even wanted the two of them to be together.

they were married in that dream, weren't they? and why was she picturing eighteen alarm clocks? she very distinctly remembered that their lips touched each others briefly, followed by his hand coming down to her stomach. what happened after that, she had no clue.

the one thing she did remember, though—the one thing that gave her major deja vu the minute she and luke walked into her own house with their newborn baby in her arms—was that she was pregnant with his child. and she, in fact, could not believe that her dream had really come true.

"hey, did you leave anything in the car?" lorelai turned to face him, but her eyes were still glued on the baby in her arms. they had just got home from the hospital.

luke dropped everything that was in his two hands.

"nope. everything's right here. thanks for your help." he joked. she laughed softly, her eyes still glued to her arms.

he walked over to the both of them, and lorelai fell into his chest, as she kept her eyes closed for only a second.

"is lou really a good nickname for lucas?" luke asked lorelai, while he began stroking his son's soft hair.

"we could shorten the name one more time and call him "L", you know, the sound the letter "L" makes, if you're so opposed to calling him the british way of bathroom." she replied, jokingly.

he sighed. "lou is fine."

lorelai nodded, the smile on her face not fading in the slightest.

"yeah." she answered quietly. "yeah, lou is fine." she watched as lou squirmed around in her arms, his blue eyes opened yet only slightly. in her arms and with luke beside her, baby lou smiled at her with his tiny lips, a little giggle coming out of him.

"oh, you sweet boy." lorelai whispered, moving the pad of her pointer finger onto his button nose. "aren't you just perfect?" she cooed.

she felt luke snake his arms around her waist from behind, and and leaned her head closer to him.

"come on, you still need to rest. you should go sit down." luke whispered into her ear. after a while, he took the baby out of her arms and she kissed him on the cheek softly and genuinely.

"sit down with me?" she hoped, her hands on either side of his shoulders, while she stood behind him, her chin resting on the crook of his neck.

he nodded his head and she grinned, walking over to the couch, their hands intertwined. once seated, her chin remained plastered onto his shoulder, her eyes on her son who was now asleep and as adorable as could be. he had luke's brown hair and lips. he had lorelai's big blue eyes and nose.

they both watched in fascination, as lou was now sleeping soundly in his father's arms. lorelai's finger was entwined in her son's small hand, smaller than her palm.

"you know, i'm really glad this all worked out." lorelai whispered to luke, because their newborn was sound asleep and they wouldn't dare to wake him up.

"i know we're not married, and i know we've only been together for two years, but i really am happy that this is what you wanted, too. i wanted this so bad, luke, you have no idea." their eyes met each others, and he noticed a little twinkle in her eyes. he knew how much it meant to her, and he knew how much she wanted it. he wanted it too.

"hey," he softly spoke, comforting her, because he wouldn't dare see her upset.

"i'm in, remember?" he resumed. "i am all in. every single second." he moved his free hand over to her cheek, and her hand held onto his wrist tightly. a tear shed down to the cheek he held in his hand, but a smile was absolutely present on her face.

she kissed him gingerly, and he did so back with passion. they had been dating for two years, but they loved each other for so much longer.

her forehead rested on his, and his rested on hers. her eyes closed, but she could still feel everything around her. she could feel the air he breathed against her chest, and the warm hand of her son wrapped around her finger. if someone asked her nine months ago where she would find herself in one year, she did not expect this.

"thank you." she whispered, another tear rolling down her face, though she truly was as happy as could be. lorelai gilmore could not believe this was really happening.

though his eyes were closed too, he wiped her tears away with his thumb and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"i'm not going anywhere." he said, while he felt her hold him tighter. his chin laid on the top of her head, smelling her strawberry scented shampoo and her lavender scented conditioner.

"i'm staying."

he paused.

"permanently forever."

and luke, for one, was saying nothing but the truth.

a/n:

hi! i'm sorry, this was such a short fanfiction, but i knew it was going to be short from the start. thank you to everyone who read, voted, and commented! i genuinely didn't think there were going to be people who read this.

i also want to apologize for the very inconsistent updates. this was my first time writing a gilmore girls fanfiction and i wanted to see how it went. if anyone wanted a bonus chapter or anything, let me know. i know this epilogue is super short. i might tweak it if i'm up for it.

but anyway thank you all so much for reading this! i doubt this will be the last fanfic i will be writing, but i'm not sure when a new fanfiction will come. i will be editing soon, either tomorrow or today. anyway thank you again and have a wonderful day!