𝓣𝔀𝓸; 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻

Naerys Velaryon had not made it but a short distance from Kings Landing when she received a letter stating that her beloved father had been murdered in cold blood by his lover, Sir Qarl. Her body numb already from the abandonment of her mother, she simply read the note and let one singular tear drop from her eye before tearing the letter to shreds out of anger.

Alicent stood afar and watched as the little girl broke. Truthfully, she was not sure why she had taken the girl from her family, other than to show Rhaenyra the power she held. She had no plans for the girl, no scheme to use her in.  She did however feel a certain loneliness from the girl that she herself experienced too frequently, and perhaps that is why she took the girl.

Aemond laid in his cabin resting, trying to let the effects of the poppy milk fade away. His eye was forever gone but he had claimed a dragon.  He wasn't able to rest for long as a certain silver headed girl slammed his cabin door open, "We're about to arrive at Kingslanding, your mother has sent me to ready you." Naerys spoke plainly, void of any emotion, true she had not cried as she should have, but Aemond noticed the glistening streak on her cheeks. 

He turned away quickly, wanting to comfort the girl but ashamed of his now ruined face, "Get out!" He shouted, taking himself and Naerys by surprise.  Naerys stepped back in shock before gathering herself and once again stepping closer to the young prince, "Aemond," She whispered in a quiet voice, the feeling of rejection she was too familiar with becoming too much.

"I said get out Naerys. I don't want anyone to see me." He pleaded with the girl, his words slurring together from the effects of the poppy milk, head still turned and lowered in shame. 

Naerys disregarded him, approaching his bed and sitting herself down, "Why are you ashamed of such a warriors wound?" she questioned, reaching out to grab his hand, "A warriors wound? Are you daft? I've been forever ruined by a child, a bastard!" Aemond yelled snatching his hand away from the young girl. Her heart continued breaking from the rejection she received, not just from her mother and brothers, but now her dear friend. 

"Aemond, look at me." Naerys shouted back, refusing to let the hurt in her heart show, " Please," she begged. Aemond reluctantly lifted his wounded head and looked the princess in the eyes, with his remaining eye. 

"You are not ruined, Aemond." She said softly, reaching her hand out to cradle his face, Aemond's one eye stared at her with pain, "I feel ruined, I am a prince with one eye, who could love a face like this?" He said meekly, leaning into her hand. 

"I would." Naerys confessed, still gingerly rubbing his cheek, true the eye was covered with bandages, you could still see the angry scar that had been sutured roughly, and the blood that smeared everywhere, "You claimed the world's oldest dragon at only 12 years old, survived an attack, and in the future, you will work twice as hard as any man alive, and that will show your dedication." Aemond's heart fluttered at his friend's confession.

"Do you believe that?" He asked, Naerys sent him a smile that did not reach her eyes, " I do." she answered truthfully. 

Aemond knew something was wrong, Naerys was never so quiet, "and what bothers you, niece?" he asked, watching Narys retract her hand before picking at them. 

"My father was murdered by his companion." Naerys cleared her throat of any tears that may have tried to form, "and I'm here, away from my family. Traded off like cattle." she added. Aemond felt shame that he had been so happy about his mother's demands that Naerys become her ward, now that he was seeing his niece so unhappy.

"I don't know what to say. " Aemond confessed, his words could not ease her pain, "I don't agree with the circumstances in which you are here," A lie, "but I am glad you are."