𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮; 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰

White was an obnoxious color, incredibly bright, frustratingly easy to tarnish. More so obnoxious when the color took the form of hundreds of dresses, each tighter than the last. The color was not even of traditional Targaryen standards despite both bride and groom being of Targaryen blood. 

The Queen Alicent Hightower was a devout follower to the Faith of the Seven, as was her son and seeing how she was the Queen, Naerys obeyed. Naerys was not particularly devout but if she were to be, she'd follow the Old Gods, the same faith as her mother, still she tried her best to please everyone. 

Servants rushed around her posed body, measuring here and cutting there. Quiet whispers as they worked. 

Halaena had been the only thing to bring a smile to Naerys' face during the hassle. The girl smiled softly at every dress, politely telling her she looked beautiful in them all, but Naerys knew this was a lie. The last dress she had put on made her appear as if she we're shaped like a box with a flat chest and the one before that made her feel like a plump grandmother. 

Naerys stared at her reflection in the mirror, never did a smile come to her face. Her mother watched her face drop a little more every dress, causing her to stand up and approach her daughter from behind, her hands resting gingerly on her ever-growing belly.

Naerys spun around quickly to face her mother who reached a kind hand out and brushed a few strands of hair from her face, "What saddens you? This is supposed to bring you joy." She muttered quietly.

"None of these dresses are for me. They are obnoxious and ill-fitting." Naerys complained. Rhaenyra smiled mischievously, stepping away from her daughter and towards the servants before whispering in their ears. The sea of white quickly began disappearing as servants pulled the assortment away and out of Naerys' sight, only to be replaced with a sea of red and black.

Naerys stepped forward towards the replacement dresses, her hand brushing against the soft fabrics with a grateful smile growing on her face. Rhaenyra wrapped an arm around her daughter's shoulder's as she scanned each dress.

"The Queen will not be pleased."Naerys whispered softly to her mother, her eyes darting between Halaena who had been observing the change of wardrobe with no sign of distaste on her face.

"The Queen remains unpleased about a lot of things, daughter." Rhaenyra replied plainly, a look of defiance on her face. Her mother's insolence caused a deep laugh to crawl up her throat. 

Halaena stood up, approaching mother and daughter with a dreamy look in her eyes as she picked up different dresses. Her eyes lingering on a black dress with red stitching and embroideries. Rhaenyra stared at the dress as Halaena held it up, still ever so intently admiring it, "You have excellent taste, Halaena." her mother offered the girl whose eyes lit up at the compliment.

"I think perhaps this one?" Halaena questioned, Naerys looked at the dress, a smile growing on her face as she nodded happily. Rhaenyra motioned to the servants, and they quickly began fitting the dress onto Naerys. 

The Princess stood before the mirror, but this time with a wide smile on her face. Unsure if the smile was because she found a dress she liked or because it meant she was done with this event.

The black dress hugged tightly around her waist and the sleeves flared at her elbow with red embroidered flowers going up the front of the corset, "I think this shall be worth the lecture I receive from her grace." 

"I find it hard to believe I will be awed by the end of the week," Naerys said softly as she admired herself in the mirror, turning in all different angles to see the dress in its glory, "To Aemond of all people."

Rhaenyra offered a tight lip smile, though she had approved the proposition she was not the most enamored with her daughter's betrothed, "Your grandsire fears his time in this world is coming to an end, he is in a hurry to see you wed."