𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮; 𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪

Daemon Targaryen was nothing short of a mastermind. He had been surprised when his wife's bastard son had arrived on dragon back to collect him, only growing more surprised when it wasn't his wife's doing but her daughter's. 

"Naerys is the crowned heir, she's summoned you to help her take the realm." Jacaerys had said, determination clear in his soft brown eyes. Daemon had simply rose an eyebrow and replied to the boy, "You've been disinherited?" 

Jacaerys scoffed, though he had spent his entire life planning to sit the throne, it was purely out of duty and not desire. He had been glad to give his seat to his sister whether she wanted it or not. She certainly deserved it more than he did. 

"Rhaenyra's allowed this?" Daemon questioned, almost hesitantly as Jacaerys grabbed his sword from the table in the hall and began to turn to leave.

"Naerys would never usurp her dying mother." He spat towards Daemon in disbelief. Daemon hummed in response standing sharply, "What does she ask of me?" He yelled at the boy's disappearing frame, slowly chasing after him.

"Blood and cheese." Jacaerys had said upon mounting his dragon, Vermax. Daemon's eyes widened in surprise. He had not thought his stepdaughter so cold, especially when she was married to the usurper king's brother.

"Not for those reasons. You will extricate both the queen and her children as well as Aegon, no harm shall come to them, escort them back to Dragonstone." Jacaerys spoke with an edge in her voice as he eyed Daemon's body on the ground.

"Protect the usurper cunt? Under who's orders?" Daemon laughed, annoyed by Jacaerys command. The young prince smirked at his stepfather, "The future queen of Westeros." He called out as Vermax turned, shaking the ground roughly with each stomp of his feet before he took flight, leaving Daemon where he stood ever so intrigued.

He stormed back to his hall, men lining the hall, "Bring me the mercenaries, Blood and Cheese." He demanded as he took his own throne, one that did not belong to him. 

The last moon had come, brightening the dark sky, lighting a path for that underneath it. The sky was eerily calm and quiet, not a gust of wind felt, the chill embracing those brave enough to meet it out in the open.  

Aegon had made a great distraction, one that was a gamble to those involved in the plan seeing as Daemon had yet to come and Naerys was unsure if he would obey her commands as he does her mother. 

He snuck away when no one was paying attention, slipping into the Street of Silk easily, the white worm keeping him hidden safely as she had once done when he ran from the crown. Only Halaena knew the exact whereabouts of her husband, only because no one would question her. It wasn't uncommon for Aegon to run away, nor was it uncommon for him to frequent the whore houses, but it would not be taken lightly because he was no longer a prince, he was now a king. The king. 

With all distractions, Daemon and his mercenaries would hopefully evade the kingsguard and enter the chambers of Queen Halaena, where she had insisted her children stay with her this night and they would lead them to safety, and only then would Halaena tell them where her husband was, escorting him to safety as well. 

A loud explosion sounded the realm causing Naerys to jolt out of bed, this noise would cause high alert, urgency for the king, only for the king to be nowhere to be found, sending half of the kingsguard out into the city to search for him.

Aemond stood before her, already dressed in his black clothing, he said nothing but the look his face was enough to communicate.

His head slightly tilted upwards, his face remaining solemn and stoic. She swallowed sharply, nodding her own head at him as guards began knocking on their door.