𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮; 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓾𝓽

The Queen of Kings Landing worked tirelessly alongside an unlikely ally for days on end to prepare for the announcement of the betrothal, all in secrecy. Rhaenyra had taken many mornings to her father's chambers, whispering stories about the betrothed to her father in order to persuade him to give his blessing. This job was hers due to Viserys knowing his wife's nature, surely plotting something, whereas herself was the apple of her father's eye and she could easily persuade him much easier. 

Viserys had gauged his wife's reaction one morning, when she had come to spend time with him. She had faked surprise when he nonchalantly mentioned it, telling him he was king and if he were to believe it a good match she would not argue. Visery had smiled at her compliance that day, something he had not done to his wife in a while. 

Daemon had kept his stepdaughter busy, eager to keep the intelligent girl from suspecting something was going on, her brothers and herself remained unaware the entire time. He had only hoped she would not forsake him out of feelings of betrayal when she found out.  He grew suspicious of Prince Aemond as Aemond tended to lurk in shadows and hear things he shouldn't, but the prince never acted as if he knew of anything. 

Rhaenyra walked the stone halls, her footsteps echoing as she pondered her thoughts, only when she rounded the corner did someone join her, Alicent.

The two walked in silence as they prepared to face the consequences of their actions, their footsteps and anxiety syncing up the closer they got to the throne room. Alicent stopped before they reached the doors, her arm grabbing Rhaenyra's. The princess turned to face the queen. 

"I'm afraid of the tensions this will cause." She confessed. While the two were not as close as they had been at one point working together had made them acquaintances once more.

"They will forgive us." Rhaenyra assured her, however, Alicent knew that Naerys was naturally forgiving and her son naturally spiteful. Despite that she nodded her head, taking a deep breath in before releasing Rhaenyra's arm. 

She nodded to the guards to open the door which they happily complied. With one last look between the two they entered the room. Members of the court were already situated in the throne room. Different conversations echoed off the walls. Alicent's eyes traveled to where her children stood, Naerys standing with them as she has always done. 

Rhaenyra hurried to her family ignoring the stares of the court as she had done for many years prior. Daemon had reached his hand out which she took graciously, offering her boys a gentle smile, one they returned. 

Naerys stood sandwiched between two princes as she scanned the vast sea of people in the room. Realization hit her facial features as she pieced the puzzle together. She quickly took a step back shoving Aemond's arm gently causing him to turn on his heel and look at her inquisitively.

"Skoros?"(What?) Aemond's soft spoken voice inquired. He stared at her face, taking in the way her eyebrows creased and the paleness that washed out her olive complexion.

"Jurnegon, ivestragon issa skoros ao ūndegon, uncle."(Look around, tell me what you see, uncle.) She replied. Aemond raised an eyebrow before turning to scan the room. Hundreds of Lords and Ladies of Westeros stood before them, but he still wasn't sure what his storm had pieced together before him. He spun to face her once more, his eyes held hers as he sent her a look saying 'what'.

"Skoro syt would tolvie āeksio se riñnykeā māzigon naejot dārys tegorīr?"(Why would every Lord come to Kings Landing?)She urged him on. Aemond let out an exhausted sigh, tired of the girl not being straight forward. 

Aegon, naturally listening to the two speak in their ancestral tongue smirked to himself before leaning into the two, "I'd wager someone's getting married." Aemond looked from his niece to his brother rolling his eyes.