A new pack leader

(Episode starts with a shot outside of the house.
The camera moves through the door and into the hallway.
Close to the door we start hearing Delilah)

Delilah: Dylan could you come down here for a minute?

(Dylan comes immediately downstairs, not running though)

Dylan:
Yes, what is it mum?

Delilah:
I'm sorry to bother you, I know you've been wanting to write a poem today, but this is urgent.

Dylan: No problem, I wanted to go downstairs into the garden anyway!
I need to clear my head sometimes to get some new inspiration. So, what's the problem?

Delilah: Well, I have concluded that this family cannot afford that I work half time.
I need to take the full job again.
And I cannot keep asking others to keep an eye on you all. Especially for free, it just isn't right.

Dylan: But what happens now? Who's going to take care of us when you have to return to work?

Delilah: Well, I already met someone and I will bring him home later today but I am not sure if it is the right decision.
But most importantly I don't know if I can leave you all alone until I come home.
I couldn't find anyone who would watch you,  but now I can't cancel it.
(to herself) What should I do? What should I do?

(Dawkins can be seen in the background)

Dylan (in thoughts): Mum is desperate, I need to help her.
I have to protect my younger siblings but can I handle it? There is no way around it...

Dylan: Mum... I will take care of the house and the pups until you come home.

Delilah: Oh, that is so considerate of you, Dylan, but you're still too young for this responsibility.

Dylan: Trust me Mum - I know I can do it. I won't let you down.
I am going to be the best pack leader ever!

(Delilah smiles full of happiness and proudness)

Delilah: (Cheerful voice) I know you're the best pack leader! (Tickles him)

Dylan: Hahaha

Delilah: (smiles at Dylan) Ok sweetie but I will try to come home as soon as possible.
Oh, and second pup in charge will be Dante - he is old enough, please get along with him. (smooch) I'm so proud of you.

Dylan: Thanks for trusting me mum, and I mean how bad could it be?

Flashes (Camera flies through house rushing through rooms where pups do shenanigans, stopping infront of Dylan)

Dylan: Oh... my... Dog...

Dylan: Eh, could you please stop biting your sisters' tail?
Hey, maybe don't eat that from the floor, use your bowl!
And you - give him his chew toy back!
Oh, maybe you shouldn't put it in your mouth anymore... eww (looks disgusted)

(Dante running to Dylan, cleaning his face by rubbing the rest of makeup off his face)

Dante: Dylan! Dylan!
This is bad, everyone went crazy.

The only ones who kept calm are Dawkins, who has been reading a book all afternoon and Deepak who couldn't handle the loudness, but he is nowhere to be found. Maybe he went to the neighbour's cat again.

But the rest are out of control!

The pups are biting into all of the furniture and keep making everything dirty. Even the spots you already cleaned are dirty again. I tried to keep Triple D calm by promising them I would be their Dress-Up Darling, but they just continued to ravage afterwards.
I feel used!

You need to stop them

Dylan (annoyed, loud): I know Dante, I have eyes and sadly very good ears.!
And not I but WE have to stop this.

Dante: (leaves) Sorry, I am out of here.
Ask another one to be your sidekick.
They don't listen to me.
I have no control over them.
(muffled) No one appreciates me.

Dylan: Aw come on Dante!
Mum told me to ask you!

Dylan (to himself): This is bad, how should I manage this?
How do parents control their pups?

Dawkins:
(appears from the right) With rules.

Dylan: What?

Dawkins: With rules, Dylan.
It is very important to establish rules if you want a healthy and structured home environment, which will also benefit the childhood and paves a great way for their future.

Dylan: Why do you talk so weird?
Anyway, I don't want to stop them from having fun by introducing rules.
I want them to be happy - they are still so young and innocent.