Chapter 9

Recap:

"Hear my words Y/n. Do not trust that freak He will only hurt you. Look what he has done to us." Ao'nung continued.

You just walked to your corner and laid down, closing your eyes waiting for sleep to take over as you silently balled your eyes out.

You just wanted this day to end.

𝓝⋆ᯅ⋆๑𓂅﹆

As you laid your head, all you thought about was how pathetic Ao'nung made you feel. You don't remember ever crying so much in your life. Your brother that you loved and adored. Who you trusted and looked up to screamed in your face making you feel like a piece of-

You were angry to say the least. Your parents asked your siblings what was wrong with you but they were both silent. You didn't blame Tsireya though, no one explained the situation to her.
Your mother tried to talk to you but got nothing in return and just left you alone.

Over the course of that night, your anger turned into worry.

'What if Ao'nung was right about Neteyam? No. No! That is not Neteyam! He would never do that to you...but maybe you did open up to him a bit too quickly. He could use that stuff you said to him against me. No he would never...would he?'

Falling asleep was a struggle when you had so many thoughts in your head. 'What would you do when you saw Neteyam? What would you say?' Just asking yourself questions upon questions.

That night you did not sleep. So instead of trying to fall into a slumber you went over to the shore and sat on the dry sand, knees hugging your chest as you rocked back and forth, listening to the waves as they crashed into the rocks.

You sat there for hours before your ears picked up footsteps coming towards you. You quickly whip your head only to see your sister about to tap your shoulder. You saw her classic look of worry painted on her face.

Tsireya sat behind you and quietly hugged from behind. "I am so sorry Y/n." She apologised, mumbling a bit.

"You did not do anything." You say, shaking your head.

"But I could have been there earlier and-" She was then cut off by you so she didn't try to make herself feel any more worse about the situation.

"It would not have made any difference, trust me." You tapped her arm as a sign of comfort.

You two stayed in that warm embrace for a bit before your sister spoke up again.

"I brought a hairbrush." Was all she said and you just bursted out laughing. She then smiled as she heard you laugh. "What? What is so funny?"

"The hairbrush was so random." You continued in a fit of giggles.

"Look I brought this because it looks like a piranha fish was in your hair." She huffed as she began to brush your hair.

"Oh what would I do without you?" You asked sarcastically.

"Probably spend an eternity with just Ao'nung." She huffs.

"Okay. Maybe I do need you." You sigh and stop laughing as you hear your brother's name.

"Look whatever he said he probably did not mean it." Tsireya tried to comfort you once more.

"Yeah..." That was a lie. You knew he was dead serious. But the thought that he could be right scared the life out of you.

"Hey." She said, trying to gain your attention once more. "Me and Rotxo are going to teach the Sully's our breathing technique. I think it will really help clear your head."